Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look at the Armacup schedule for Australia Asia for the ships from Shanghai. Check the ships in the Port kembla location for how they are travelling with regards Delays. There is a Port schedule too to backup Vessel finder info/marinetracker info. Else see what Veda prime has if you need to get someone else to do the stalking.
I think it is Turandot

Reactions: Way Downunder
You'll want to link those driver profiles to your Tesla accounts (this is in the driver profile settings). I would also suggest setting the TACC following distance to at least 4 - the smaller the following distance, the sharper it'll brake for detected objects.
Now these are two brilliant pieces of advice! This is exactly why I post stuff here. Adding to the list!

For MYP orderers in Sydney with EDD between 8 and 29 March, do you have any updates on shipping? It sounds like Melbourne port is the problem but Sydney should be fine. Is that correct?
I sure hope so; it would be a real bummer otherwise.

for those have received final invoice, when do you plan to make the payment? Just after setting the delivery date and time?
I'm going to make the payment about a week before I expect to get the car. Same with the insurance. Not that big a time gap in the grand scheme of things but still leaves plenty of room for the payment to arrive and be verified. That's just personal preference though. I asked a sales assistant and they said that would be fine. If you have payment questions I would totally recommend just responding to the SMS message you have got so far and taking a call from them.

Reactions: jcan and MyPWSyd
Look at the Armacup schedule for Australia Asia for the ships from Shanghai. Check the ships in the Port kembla location for how they are travelling with regards Delays. There is a Port schedule too to backup Vessel finder info/marinetracker info. Else see what Veda prime has if you need to get someone else to do the stalking.
Thanks - this might help everyone who is new to ship tracking. Wish Tesla was as good as Amazon in its delivery. Maybe that will be addressed in Master Plan 3!

Reactions: Way Downunder
Close to 9 months of waiting finally got VIN.

I know that there are a lot of others who ordered in June/July and have been patiently waiting.

My advice to anyone who ordered within the last 3 months - be patient, review some of the historical posts of members since MY AU launch date. There is a lot of valuable information and I have learnt quite a bit from here.
Just spoke to the Tesla rep who said that whilst there is some state by state variation, we are hovering between end of June and now early July for RWD orders for VIN assignments on the East Coast.

My commentary: We're clearly past Day 1 by some distance but still not fully rolled down the chi square distribution curve (look it up if you're not familiar with the shape) with June/ July still comprising a decent number of orders compared to the months that followed. I have a late July RWD date so I'm very much hoping for good news mid March

Just spoke to the Tesla rep who said that whilst there is some state by state variation, we are hovering between end of June and now early July for RWD orders for VIN assignments on the East Coast.

My commentary: We're clearly past Day 1 by some distance but still not fully rolled down the chi square distribution curve (look it up if you're not familiar with the shape) with June/ July still comprising a decent number of orders compared to the months that followed. I have a late July RWD date so I'm very much hoping for good news mid March
Port issues aside, between Paglia, Viking Passama, Turandot and Grande Mirafiora… you’d think those 4 ships would clear most of the backlog from last year and some of this year’s…

Received this text from Tesla today

Dear xx,

Ongoing port congestion is impacting all vessels arriving to Australia, causing delays in processing and delivery.

Unfortunately, port congestion is outside of our control and is a complex issue that can be influenced by a variety of factors. Tesla is not the only company being impacted by this congestion however, our team are working closely with our shipping partners to monitor the situation and minimise any delays to our deliveries.

Please visit your Tesla Account to view your current delivery estimate and complete any outstanding tasks: ts.la/account

Your Tesla Account will continue to display your latest delivery estimate which may be updated over the coming weeks due to continued port congestion. Once a firm delivery date is available, you will receive an SMS or email inviting you to select your express delivery appointment.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Rest assured, our team are working hard to deliver your Model Y as soon as possible.

Reactions: advertisingfre
Heaps of Model Ys on inventory in ACT. What is going on. Can someone please explain. The one I ordered is there as well.
They’re all last minute cancellations. A few guesses:
-7 months have passed and people’s financial situation has changed and they realised they can’t afford it.
-they applied for finance and got rejected
-interest rates have gone too high and they’re rethinking their priorities
-they decided to switch to RWD

The model you see is not yours. Ready for delivery doesn’t mean it’s sitting in the delivery centre. It means it’s in transit there (possibly still on a boat) but no one will pick it up.

Reactions: cafz
They’re all last minute cancellations. A few guesses:
-7 months have passed and people’s financial situation has changed and they realised they can’t afford it.
-they applied for finance and got rejected
-interest rates have gone too high and they’re rethinking their priorities
-they decided to switch to RWD

The model you see is not yours. Ready for delivery doesn’t mean it’s sitting in the delivery centre. It means it’s in transit there but no one will pick it up.
WEll I am in the queue to pick it up :)

Keep us updated when you pick up your car tomorrow! I pick mine up on Wednesday at 10.30am lol
Pics will be coming in I promise 😆
Hi both - hoping that won’t be the case but can you please also update this thread with any design quality issues you come across at delivery. So far it sounds like there haven’t been any and maybe I have watched too many YouTube videos!