Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received this email from Tesla this morning regarding port delays:

I received the same email. I'm expecting my car is on Turandot. I don't like my chances of receiving it prior to 31 May given the ship is heading to Melb first..
Also got it - hoping my car made it onto the Turandot, too. Build date was 21/04. Seeing as other VIC orders have EDD's of 26th May - 11th June currently, I'm expecting early June. Really depends how it works with unloading as I've got no idea after arriving on 9/10 May. Do they unload and sit at the docks before passing through but if no space they sit on the ships? Hopefully they can unload and head on to you relatively quickly, if so you could well see it before May end.

Last edited:
We ordered a MYLR on the 14th, haven't seen a single update since. Considering just swapping to a performance model as they're in stock. What are our chances of seeing the MYLR before EOFY?
Speculation here but given that my MYRWD was supposed to be unloaded off Palmela in Brisbane on 23rd April and now won't be unloaded until 14th May and Tesla are saying a few weeks of port delays, I wouldn't be feeling positive in your position.

I am an early March build date (5/3) and I will be basically be waiting the better part of three months for the car after it's been built. In total, if I get it late May, we'll have been in the queue 10 full months, start to finish.

Reactions: noobz
We ordered a MYLR on the 14th, haven't seen a single update since. Considering just swapping to a performance model as they're in stock. What are our chances of seeing the MYLR before EOFY?
79.5487315%

But in all seriousness - not really possible to put a number on it. There are many factors FOR and AGAINST receiving in June.
The issues with our ports mean that boats can't unload/get back to China to reload, so if there is tax reasons why you need by EOFY and you need certainty - sure upgrade. If not - it wouldn't be more than a month delayed. If it was me, I would just make The MY-LR May-July in my mind.

Reactions: noobz
Is this only for the eastern state order? I am in WA didn't get any email from Tesla about it.
Fremantle port is working surprisingly well lately, no massive delays unlike the rest of the country

Of course this might be due to all the ships being stuck in limbo over East so we haven't had as many arrivals lately 😁

One of the largest RoRo ships in the world is in port right now, and the storage lots aren't even close to full.

1682664192431.png

1682664229290.png

It wasn't so long ago that they had to close Peter Hughes Drive and park newly arrived vehicles on the road, as there was nowhere else to put them.
(on the right of this picture, mid January)

1682664152136.png

Woo hoo!!!
OD - 25/12/2022 MY RED MSM with Gemini Wheels and black interior. VIC. Trading in our car.

I opened the app and my EDD changed to May 9-30. Is_vin_assigned set to True.
No update from Tesla though, trade in valuation nor rego papers.
That's great news - hopefully my order (and everyone else who's order in Dec in VIC gets a EDD)
I ordered 22/12 White on White with Geminis - the wait is seriously loooooooong~~~~~~

That's great news - hopefully my order (and everyone else who's order in Dec in VIC gets a EDD)
I ordered 22/12 White on White with Geminis - the wait is seriously loooooooong~~~~~~
I called the Tesla contact centre this afternoon hoping I can get hold of the vin and build date. He wouldn’t give me over the phone and asked to wait for the trade in valuation. He said I would be getting a text in 2 business days for trade in valuation and an invoice after.

He also asked me to take the EDD with a grain of salt as they are constantly changing due to port congestions.

I must say it didn’t add a lot of confidence after the call.

Fremantle port is working surprisingly well lately, no massive delays unlike the rest of the country

Of course this might be due to all the ships being stuck in limbo over East so we haven't had as many arrivals lately 😁

One of the largest RoRo ships in the world is in port right now, and the storage lots aren't even close to full.

View attachment 932571

View attachment 932572

It wasn't so long ago that they had to close Peter Hughes Drive and park newly arrived vehicles on the road, as there was nowhere else to put them.
(on the right of this picture, mid January)

View attachment 932570
my friend from perth received an email from Tesla saying significant delay. He already got VIN assigned 1 week ago and OD was early March.
But I didn't receive any email from Tesla my OD was end of March and no VIN assigned yet. Why?

my friend from perth received an email from Tesla saying significant delay. He already got VIN assigned 1 week ago and OD was early March.
But I didn't receive any email from Tesla my OD was end of March and no VIN assigned yet. Why?
Tesla are consistently inconsistent. And they don't build cars to order, they build a batch of cars and then look for customers to match them to.

So it could be they had an unallocated vehicle for the config your friend ordered, but not for yours.

Reactions: grizzlybear
Everyone,

Just got a call from my SA who is usually pretty chill and honest. Build date is April. All builds after Feb won’t come with UMC but he said he is happy to get me a $550 voucher that I can redeem for a UMC in the Tesla store. He also confirmed model Ys RWD after March does indeed have the new comfort suspension.

At the moment it is still looking at delivery between May 9-30th.
Trade in team should contact me by Tuesday with the valuation which I can accept or decline and the final invoice will be based on that.

Hope this information helps others in here.

Reactions: xavier2k3
Ahoy fellow boat watchers.

I have a build date of 3/Apr/2023, VIN was allocated 18/Apr, EDD 30/Apr-21/May.

I’ve heard different opinions on when your VIN should appear in RAV, from when it’s unloaded to when the ship arrives in aust waters. Given 4 armacup ships have departed Shanghai since my build date, should I have seen a RAV entry by now?

Speculation here but given that my MYRWD was supposed to be unloaded off Palmela in Brisbane on 23rd April and now won't be unloaded until 14th May and Tesla are saying a few weeks of port delays, I wouldn't be feeling positive in your position.

I am an early March build date (5/3) and I will be basically be waiting the better part of three months for the car after it's been built. In total, if I get it late May, we'll have been in the queue 10 full months, start to finish.
I am in the same situation as you. Red MY RWD ordered 22nd June, stuck on Palmela.

I did however receive my UMC voucher via email, ordered no issues and showed up 2 days later. Worth noting that as far as I can tell it has the 10A and 15A tail (not 8A and 12A)

Just got my delivery text and booked it for 4th May was only available slot.
Delivery window was 1 may - 22 may
Suppose it's still in the window frame but gave me little time to finalise finance paperwork.
Do they just require the final payment to be completed before pick-up or actually 48hrs prior?
It's Friday 530pm they sent the text message which gives me Monday and Tuesday to get lender to send through..quite tight imo but thoughts or advice would be appreciated

Everyone,

Just got a call from my SA who is usually pretty chill and honest. Build date is April. All builds after Feb won’t come with UMC but he said he is happy to get me a $550 voucher that I can redeem for a UMC in the Tesla store. He also confirmed model Ys RWD after March does indeed have the new comfort suspension.

At the moment it is still looking at delivery between May 9-30th.
Trade in team should contact me by Tuesday with the valuation which I can accept or decline and the final invoice will be based on that.

Hope this information helps others in here.

Ha! Thanks! Good info!

I am going to try my luck and see if I can get the $550 voucher too ! 😁
Still no VIN / EDD yet, but I guess it shouldn't been too far away and hopefully it's just a couple of weeks max.

Ahoy fellow boat watchers.

I have a build date of 3/Apr/2023, VIN was allocated 18/Apr, EDD 30/Apr-21/May.

I’ve heard different opinions on when your VIN should appear in RAV, from when it’s unloaded to when the ship arrives in aust waters. Given 4 armacup ships have departed Shanghai since my build date, should I have seen a RAV entry by now?

I'm same EDD as you, except build date was March and VIN was allocated in March.

The car is sitting waiting to get to Brisbane port and it's still not in RAV so I wouldn't worry too much about RAV yet.