Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone,

Just got a call from my SA who is usually pretty chill and honest. Build date is April. All builds after Feb won’t come with UMC but he said he is happy to get me a $550 voucher that I can redeem for a UMC in the Tesla store. He also confirmed model Ys RWD after March does indeed have the new comfort suspension.

At the moment it is still looking at delivery between May 9-30th.
Trade in team should contact me by Tuesday with the valuation which I can accept or decline and the final invoice will be based on that.

Hope this information helps others in here.
Dang how did you manage that?

by asking nicely and if he could do something about it.
Amazing. I asked nicely, even offering to save Tesla $1500 they would spend trucking the car to me (by going and picking it up from them) and they didn't give me jack. I ordered two months before you. I've got my VIN, sent the paperwork and made payment and now they are indicating delays. I am definitely losing my sense of humour in dealing with Tesla.

Amazing. I asked nicely, even offering to save Tesla $1500 they would spend trucking the car to me (by going and picking it up from them) and they didn't give me jack. I ordered two months before you. I've got my VIN, sent the paperwork and made payment and now they are indicating delays. I am definitely losing my sense of humour in dealing with Tesla.
Me too, when I was buying there was all indications that I might be on time to get one based off delivery date - now it’s just delays and no EDD

I might be facing delays as well. They do keep saying “take it with a grain of salt“ whenever I ask if the EDD is accurate.

I also think the voucher is just my SA being nice and within his discretion. He has always been helpful and honest, walking us through the process, enrolling us for the tesla webinars, helping us with answering questions whenever we had one etc.

I really hope your vehicle turns up quick. I get why Tesla wouldn’t say yes to you picking it up as they have a process in place and they need to make an exception if they want you to pick the vehicle up from another place without proper handover/delivery.
You have been helping this community so much and I would personally hate to see you keep waiting.

I might be facing delays as well. They do keep saying “take it with a grain of salt“ whenever I ask if the EDD is accurate.

I also think the voucher is just my SA being nice and within his discretion. He has always been helpful and honest, walking us through the process, enrolling us for the tesla webinars, helping us with answering questions whenever we had one etc.

I really hope your vehicle turns up quick. I get why Tesla wouldn’t say yes to you picking it up as they have a process in place and they need to make an exception if they want you to pick the vehicle up from another place without proper handover/delivery.
You have been helping this community so much and I would personally hate to see you keep waiting.
Thanks mate. I meant that I would drive to Brisbane and collect the car from their collection centre instead of having it sent by truck to my house two days drive away (which costs at least $1500). Anyway, back to twiddling my thumbs and hoping for the best.

Reactions: grizzlybear
Thanks mate. I meant that I would drive to Brisbane and collect the car from their collection centre instead of having it sent by truck to my house two days drive away (which costs at least $1500). Anyway, back to twiddling my thumbs and hoping for the best.
We live 350ish kms away from our DC. They offered to send it to us but we opted to go and pick it up in person. I feel it would be quicker and worth the experience. Excited for the drive back.

Reactions: JonDarian
Everyone,

Just got a call from my SA who is usually pretty chill and honest. Build date is April. All builds after Feb won’t come with UMC but he said he is happy to get me a $550 voucher that I can redeem for a UMC in the Tesla store. He also confirmed model Ys RWD after March does indeed have the new comfort suspension.

At the moment it is still looking at delivery between May 9-30th.
Trade in team should contact me by Tuesday with the valuation which I can accept or decline and the final invoice will be based on that.

Hope this information helps others in here.
Thanks for sharing this. Should hopefully put a lot of minds at rest re: suspension.

Hopefully your car is on the Turandot, too which means I can hopefully use your EDD as a benchmark.

It’s crazy that the Tesla website still says April - June delivery if ordered today. Surely they need to change that.
They've nearly caught up with the backlog. Starting to see Dec/Jan people get their VINs.
And there would be even less orders for the past few months compared to say Jun-Sep last year.

The only thing stopping it is the shipping. I think someone mentioned there might be like 3 boats waiting to unload in Brisbane?

Ideally it says may-jun but their calculation method for some reason includes April.