Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well to give an update, I called Tesla this morning and he said if a glitch they would refund me. He has just called me back and the car has been re allocated to me. He said it is unusual this has happened but I was lucky. The car is apparently nearly here.
I wonder if that means it was genuinely available or if someone else's order just slipped back in the queue. It is a weird way for Tesla to do business.

Hello All,

Order 4/2
Model Y Rwd White/Black 19”
Final Invoice 1/5 (today)
Build date 21/4
Delivery range 7/5-28/5
Brisbane

The VIN assigned is LRWYHCFS7PC8
The seat belt configuration has confused me, I was expecting D not C. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Based on scrubbing Port of Brisbane data, vehicle carriers currently at anchorage that Elite Display has previously indicated are likely carrying Teslas.

Ship -> Arrival date / departure date

- Viking Passama -> 19th Apr/ 6th May
- Paganella -> 24th April/ 11th May
- Palmela -> 27th April/ 14th May
Add to this now, Morning Crystal -> 29th Apr/ 21st May

That's four ships carrying Teslas all now waiting to unload at POB.

Will be interesting to see if it follows the schedule. Would expect passama to dock by the 4th May if it was to depart on the 6th
Yeah, same, I was guessing two days before departure for each of them. Will look for updated data on the 3rd-5th to see when it docks. Can then extrapolate out for the other three.

Looking forwards ->

- Likely date of SMS to book delivery appointment. A day or two after cars are unloaded? Too little time?
- ETA of cars to delivery centres. A full week/ week and a half?

In my case, 22 May is the end of my EDD range. Same for a lot of others, I imagine. If Palmela departs by the 14th, my car would have been unloaded 12th/ 13th and (you would hope) would make it to the GC in time to hit the very back end of the date range.

Even Morning Crystal, you would hope there's enough time there for this to hit the original Feb-May delivery window assuming no further hiccups.

Reactions: chbchb