Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Incorrect. They cop FBT above ~ $84K
Yes, you are right. I was assuming that you were intending to buy an FBT-exempt EV (i.e. priced under the LCT threshold), and were trying to defer the purchase to next year in order to be eligible for the FBT exemption. In which case, I was pointing out that the exemption is available now.

If you are buying over the LCT threshold, and therefore want to defer purchase until after June 30, your best bet is to phone Tesla and talk about it. They might be able to slide you back in the queue, but they might also treat it as an order cancellation and make you start again. Good luck, I hope it's the former option.

Its a beautiful thing!

image_2023-05-09_080356871.png

Reactions: cafz and xavier2k3
Is anybody considering a non-Tesla portable charger over a Tesla UMC? Why or why not?
Can't find the brand but there's a portable charger for ~$245, close to half the price of the Tesla UMC
Reason is that I would use it solely to charge at home or family's house using the normal 10a outlet and won't need the higher output 1 and 3 phase capabilities (and leads for those are an additional $200+)

My 21/04 build / Brisbane has changed from 7/05-28/05 to TBD last night. Any of the other 21/04’s have the same?
My RWD 21/04 build has always been TBD. I never received a more accurate window. But I’m Melbourne based and was advised the ship is already in transit so sounds like it will arrive tomorrow or so.

Same here for me. When/what did you order?

Can't find the brand but there's a portable charger for ~$245, close to half the price of the Tesla UMC
Reason is that I would use it solely to charge at home or family's house using the normal 10a outlet and won't need the higher output 1 and 3 phase capabilities (and leads for those are an additional $200+)
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Assume you don't have any concerns around non-OEM charger re damage etc?

Generic 10A Type 2 charger. I ordered one and got it within a week with regular shipping.
Have you had any issues with it?