Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the text to schedule delivery for either this Fri or Sat (Port Melb). Booked for Friday morning.😁

Melbourne ports are much less congested - took 6 days from ship arriving to schedule delivery text. Picking up 10 days after Turandot docked (earliest option). Hopefully this info helps Melbourne future pick ups.

Last edited:
Just got the text to schedule delivery for either this Fri or Sat (Port Melb). Booked for Friday morning.😁

Melbourne ports are much less congested - took 6 days from ship arriving to schedule delivery text. Picking up 10 days after Turandot docked (earliest option). Hopefully this info helps Melbourne future pick ups.
All the best for a smooth and quick delivery!!

Not sure about congestion easing up. Grand Eagle got delayed to 18th now as per Mirrat schedule. Likely it has cars with BD of 24/4. Us Melbourne'ites luck with delays continues. I'm thinking Turandot was an exception 😁

FYI

Morning Crystal (Tesla ship) expecting to dock Port of Brisbane at 22/5
Turandot (Tesla ship on the way from Melbourne) expecting to dock Port of Brisbane at 31/5
Hi Lay L,

Where is that information coming from? The Armacip schedule shows Turandot supplying cars (via transhipment vessel) to Fremantle on 31/5. If that is true, wouldn't Turandot have needed to dock well before 31/5 in order to transfer cars to the transhipment vessel?

I see Turandot is supposed to be back in Brisbane on 25/6, which presumably means steaming from Brisbane to Shanghai, loading and returning. Any idea how long that would take?

I messaged with Tesla Sales today, asking for concrete information. They told me to expect my car on a car carrier "very soon" and in the next message told me it wasn't even in the country yet (even though my VIN is in RAV!). Next they'll tell me it's in my driveway, but oops, no, it's been sent to Mars.

All the best for a smooth and quick delivery!!

Not sure about congestion easing up. Grand Eagle got delayed to 18th now as per Mirrat schedule. Likely it has cars with BD of 24/4. Us Melbourne'ites luck with delays continues. I'm thinking Turandot was an exception 😁

Yeh just seen that and that they're forecasting some congestion building up, but at least you'll be towards the front of the queue for ships arriving this week and next, and next in line at Berth 1. Definitely feeling lucky with Turandot getting in/out because as soon as Berth 2 re-opens fully, it'll be much busier.

Reactions: mkev
Hi Lay L,

Where is that information coming from? The Armacip schedule shows Turandot supplying cars (via transhipment vessel) to Fremantle on 31/5. If that is true, wouldn't Turandot have needed to dock well before 31/5 in order to transfer cars to the transhipment vessel?

I see Turandot is supposed to be back in Brisbane on 25/6, which presumably means steaming from Brisbane to Shanghai, loading and returning. Any idea how long that would take?

I messaged with Tesla Sales today, asking for concrete information. They told me to expect my car on a car carrier "very soon" and in the next message told me it wasn't even in the country yet (even though my VIN is in RAV!). Next they'll tell me it's in my driveway, but oops, no, it's been sent to Mars.
Hi Jon,

This is from the Port of Brisbane schedule under the Vessel at Berth
1684150060244.png

Turandot is scheduled to depart from Point Cartwright Anchorage at 31/5 which usually will go to the port (Fisherman Island No 1) based on the previous vessel.
1684150001835.png

1684150025751.png

For the Transshipment stock I guess it may unloaded to Melbourne already

Hopefully this make sense

According to VedaPrime tweet, Viking Sea. Only docked at Port Kembla.
Given this, for those who are getting cars off Viking Sea....

6 May -> Viking Sea departed Port Kembla (all cars unloaded)
15 May (+9) -> Delivery SMSs sent out
20 May - 12 June (+5 to +28) -> Delivery slots

Gives you an idea of timing once unloaded. I was told by a Tesla rep yesterday that there can also be a bottleneck AFTER unloading based on the number of trucks available to transport. Was told allow 2-3 weeks post unload to avoid disappointment and this timing is consistent with my EDD in Brisbane.

Having said that, if you are one of the poor, longsuffering Jun-Aug 22 orders still waiting (like me), you would be expecting to get the earlier part of the delivery window.

Tesla website / mobile app seems to be quite glitchy. Is everyone feeling the same?
When I log in to my account on the website, after the credentials are verified it jumps to below error page and I have to refresh to get to the dashboard.
1684192467236.png

In the meantime I continue to wait anxiously for my EDD to update. Still no movement.. :(

Given this, for those who are getting cars off Viking Sea....

6 May -> Viking Sea departed Port Kembla (all cars unloaded)
15 May (+9) -> Delivery SMSs sent out
20 May - 12 June (+5 to +28) -> Delivery slots

Gives you an idea of timing once unloaded. I was told by a Tesla rep yesterday that there can also be a bottleneck AFTER unloading based on the number of trucks available to transport. Was told allow 2-3 weeks post unload to avoid disappointment and this timing is consistent with my EDD in Brisbane.

Having said that, if you are one of the poor, longsuffering Jun-Aug 22 orders still waiting (like me), you would be expecting to get the earlier part of the delivery window.
Just got an SMS saying my model Y delivery is approaching..

Soon! Personally I'm expecting to pick up within 2 weeks.

Just got an SMS saying my model Y delivery is approaching..

Soon! Personally I'm expecting to pick up within 2 weeks.
Yeah, I got the same SMS. Was really hoping it was the delivery SMS rather than the "get ready to get a delivery SMS" SMS :) . Still, progress.

Nothing in RAV yet. Given we're both July 22 orders, I would be very disappointed if we weren't near the front of the queue and also hitting a May delivery window.