Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i hope so, IBTB
model-y-cruise.jpg

november-2023-model.jpg

Reactions: phaz
"The Glovis Caravel was ordered to leave New Zealand yesterday evening after the crew reported finding nearly 600 stink bugs, 12 of them alive, while the vessel was anchored near Auckland, Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) border clearance services director Steve Gilbert said."

"Even though the vessel was sealed, we assessed the risk was too high for it to remain in New Zealand waters. It will now have to be treated off-shore before it can return," said Gilbert.

Back in 2018, Glovis Caravel made the same mess in NZ, and now it’s happening all over again down in Australia! F*K

I rang up Tesla today, and they told me not to sweat about my delivery dates (mine’s set for between November 14 and December 5). They're gonna keep it as is until they hear more from the port authorities. But they expect the ship will hit QLD shores sometime in late November or early December. Then, they reckon it’ll be a couple of weeks before we get our hands on the deliveries.

Yeah apparently there is a new vessel Don Juan leaving Shanghai soon. Hopefully the rest of Glovis can unload before that arrives. Ultimate disappointment if not.

Count myself absolute lucky that my car was unloaded from Glovis in the first round before all this debacle happens. Picking up my car tomorrow.

Will update if I find stink bugs in it.

Yeah apparently there is a new vessel Don Juan leaving Shanghai soon. Hopefully the rest of Glovis can unload before that arrives. Ultimate disappointment if not.

Count myself absolute lucky that my car was unloaded from Glovis in the first round before all this debacle happens. Picking up my car tomorrow.

Don't forget to bring some Mortein.

Attachments

• 1699503992206.png
    1699503992206.png
    288 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: MrMister

start-the-car-ikea.gif

But they expect the ship will hit QLD shores sometime in late November or early December. Then, they reckon it’ll be a couple of weeks before we get our hands on the deliveries.

Great update, thanks. Actually excellent news for me as I'm back from an overseas trip on Dec 6! Was starting to think I might have to forfeit the order if it arrived during the 4 weeks I'm away.