Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The "End of Quarter" Waiting Room / Buying Guide

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeing reports of locations offering in inventory Induction Wheels with no upcharge to those waiting on VIN's for orders placed with Gemini wheels.
In order to deliver their car to them for end of Q2.

This is the start of move what is in inventory on the lots / discounts.

I think we will see more and even better offers BUT will be limited to the cars already on the lots and selection is much worse than it was 5 weeks ago.
Any in transit or custom made Y's are going to get nothing off IMO this quarter. Just too many unfilled orders from May already.

They have many demos with some mileage, those I assume they will be discounting.

Per tesla-info, there are quite abit of LR Model Ys in the US. Not so much for RWD. I think that stood about 233 when I last checked.

1718380357729.png

Inventory is way less in the PDX area compared to March. I'm thankful to have purchased the 7-seater then, because there's only 1 in inventory at the moment, and it appears it can't be ordered anymore. There's currently no discounts on inventory. I don't expect the Monday deals to be that spectacular in this market.

Something feels off. It seems like Tesla is getting ready to drop some sort of minor update with Y. But before they do that, they need to sell all of existing cars.
Tesla will not launch a refreshed Model Y this year, chief executive Elon Musk said in a post on social media X on Saturday 6/16. "No Model Y 'refresh' is coming out this year", Musk said, adding that Tesla continuously improves its cars, "so even a car that is 6 months newer will be a little better."

Reactions: M7Roadster
Tesla will not launch a refreshed Model Y this year, chief executive Elon Musk said in a post on social media X on Saturday 6/16. "No Model Y 'refresh' is coming out this year", Musk said, adding that Tesla continuously improves its cars, "so even a car that is 6 months newer will be a little better."
Elon Musk is a habitual, pathological liar. He will say ANYTHING to get people to buy his products or subscribe to his worldview.

• Funny
Reactions: ord3r and tesluv108
Good news for buyers… not a great sign for Tesla demand
Its EV's in general, not just Tesla.

I think the major factor is the charging infrastructure still has a LOT of work needed, even with Tesla (and because Tesla Elon fire entire SC team staff).

The biggest by far is politics, or more specifically a certain demographic (mostly 1 party, a little of another), that is being used by a certain Orange guy to further stoke his supporters to do more than just oppose BEV's.

Decided to start a new thread to piggyback off the discussions in the " Order before March 1 or wait until end of Q1" thread which is now way past its lifecycle. [...]

For reference I will post what I purchased with his guidance at the end of Q1:

2024 Model Y Long Range
  • -$5200 Adjustment (10%) (Sitting Inventory Discount)
  • -$2000 Free Color Upgrade (Existing Customers)
  • -$1000 CyberTruck Discount (Existing CyberTruck Reservation Holders)
  • -$7500 EV Credit
  • 1 Year Free Premium Connectivity
  • 10,000 Free Supercharging Miles
  • 3 Months FSD
  • 7500 Referral Credit
What a list of credits, that's amazing. The referral credit is impressive, was that multiple referrals, I guess on the old system that doesn't exist anymore?

What a list of credits, that's amazing. The referral credit is impressive, was that multiple referrals, I guess on the old system that doesn't exist anymore?
I believe he is referring to referral credit points, not dollars. And I thought the amount was 10,000, but 🤷🏼‍♂️

Cash value was between ~$600 if buying durable goods like a wall connector or $2,000 if buying software (e.g. the acceleration boost upgrade for the LR).

Reactions: Seattle
Maybe. Perhaps, before they fully refresh MY, they will introduce the ambient lighting and a few new panels similar to what has been offered in China for a while?
Is definitely possible.
Reading through the tea leaves Elon kind of hinted at such a possibility in his message stating no refresh this year.

There will be no advance notice if they do that I am certain of.