Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The "End of Quarter" Waiting Room / Buying Guide

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does your inside guy know much about production status? Curious if the MY 7-seaters are really going to be delayed until end of July/early August, or if there will be a push to deliver those orders by the end of this month?
I Havent had any convo's with him on 7 seaters since thats not what i'm in the market for but ill ask tomorrow when I see him for coffee....

This line makes me feel like we won't see the true end of quarter deals until June 17th.

Same, The EOQ deals are gonna come that Monday for sure. The question is, how strong will they be.

Same, The EOQ deals are gonna come that Monday for sure. The question is, how strong will they be.
I doubt the two are particularly related - they could start with inventory discounts on Ys well before that and not upset the financing deal for the 3.

Less than 2 weeks to actually deliver is a very tight window depending on the amount of volume they need/want to move.

I've read Tesla has reduced Model Y production after the disappointing Q1, which goes along with the layoffs. That, along with the financing deals, means there's very little inventory. I've been waiting for the end of quarter discounts, but I fear they may not come this quarter.

Then again, Tesla probably limits the inventory they publish, so who knows how much inventory they actually have.

Reactions: halfhumble
I've read Tesla has reduced Model Y production after the disappointing Q1, which goes along with the layoffs. That, along with the financing deals, means there's very little inventory. I've been waiting for the end of quarter discounts, but I fear they may not come this quarter.

Then again, Tesla probably limits the inventory they publish, so who knows how much inventory they actually have.
Not hard for someone to look at Tesla lots, especially the overflow locations.

How does it go along with the layoffs? I had thought I read the layoffs were for folks related to the superchargers?

They may have some deals for inventory vehicles in the last week for vehicles they could t match to anew order, but people who ordered at the end of May are getting July delivery estimates.

I saw a deal last night for a Model Y standard range rear wheel drive for $1500 or so off MSRP. Since it didn't qualify for the $7500 tax credit, it was more expensive than a MYLR.