Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any idea how the biosecurity team detect the presence of stink bugs? Are all cars fumigated when the first occurrence is detected or just the cars they find the stink bugs in hiding? Do stink bugs multiple when left alone at sea (ie. the quarantine period just gives them a chance to breed)?
Biosecurity teams often use visual inspections and traps to detect stink bugs in shipments. When stink bugs are found, specific measures like fumigating affected vehicles or goods may be taken, but not necessarily all vehicles, and the quarantine period aims to prevent any potential multiplication during transport rather than facilitating it.

Reactions: Kevin Li
Biosecurity teams often use visual inspections and traps to detect stink bugs in shipments. When stink bugs are found, specific measures like fumigating affected vehicles or goods may be taken, but not necessarily all vehicles, and the quarantine period aims to prevent any potential multiplication during transport rather than facilitating it.
🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽for a bill of clear health on the 30th NOV then

Haha, I'm pretty sure it will pass since fumigation success rates are almost 100%, but with out luck I am pretty sure we're going back to China.
Sorry boys but with my luck, they're going back to China.

To pick up a fresh batch of stinkys.

Also, I was under the impression that the GC passed last time it docked and this was the 2 week post quarantine period? I guess we can just let the bad news continue to roll in. We're all used to it at this point.

Anyways for a more positive aspect, the Silver car continues to be unwanted as Tesla pushed it to me again 😆

• Funny
Reactions: Jason Ong
Sorry boys but with my luck, they're going back to China.

To pick up a fresh batch of stinkys.

Also, I was under the impression that the GC passed last time it docked and this was the 2 week post quarantine period? I guess we can just let the bad news continue to roll in. We're all used to it at this point.

Anyways for a more positive aspect, the Silver car continues to be unwanted as Tesla pushed it to me again 😆
Vacuum all the dead stinkies off and reload some freshies :)

IMG_2770.jpeg
Got the pic from other group. What will happen if the bug is dead here? May stuck in the ship forever!

• Funny
Reactions: phaz
I think this was based on one post by one forum member - not really based on any authority. This is a public forum, after all.

Since we're all airing our opinions as fact: This whole delay was engineered by Elon Musk to sell-off their inventory of unwanted gray cars. You can't change my mind.

So my car is stuck on the GC, i sms'd Tesla at lunch saying i was happy swap to a different colour if there car was on the Don Juan. 10mins later, got the call and swapped to a Midnight Sliver, black interior, induction wheels. my EDD is now 10-31 Dec. NL compnay updated the lesae agreement.

So if you are not set on a colour, might be worth a call to Tesla.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: phaz and dronus