Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In all seriousness, will there be any damage to the cars batteries as I assume they won't be charging the cars on the ship, or do they? Any idea? The build date of my car seems to be 25th Sep. One of my mate has cancelled the order fearing the batteries are damaged. Tesla reps aren't any helpful.
The batteries will be fine. The cars will all be in deep sleep, the only thing using energy is occasionally waking up to top up the low-voltage battery - they'll be using maybe 1-2% per week.

First Post after going through about a 100 pages of this thread.

Thinking of ordering a Model Y RWD in white, Black interior and Gemini wheels.

What are the chances of getting a vehicle allocated on the GC if someone has cancelled their order or changed to another spec?

And if that happens? Do I have a choice of changing to a later shipping run? Not that I am worried about the non existing battery damage or the paint damage from being at the sea or just not wanting a bugged up vehicle...

Not meaning to step on the toes of all of the fellows waiting for their cars.. just curious..

It’s actually scheduled to arrive at Port Kembla on the 8th interestinglyView attachment 995859It may leave Brisbane for its inspection, head to Port Kembla, then come back to Brisbane to unload. But that’s just a theory. Or it could already be unloading at Brisbane.
If it's not on QSHIPS, it's just a guess based on the last dataset. The GC is currently under the jurisdiction of Brisbane Ports which has regulatory obligations to DAFF. The ship isn't moving anywhere without DAFF clearance, and without Brisbane Port approval.

And when the later happens, the movement will be logged into QSHIPS for all to see.

What are the chances of getting a vehicle allocated on the GC if someone has cancelled their order or changed to another spec?

And if that happens? Do I have a choice of changing to a later shipping run? Not that I am worried about the non existing battery damage or the paint damage from being at the sea or just not wanting a bugged up vehicle...

Not meaning to step on the toes of all of the fellows waiting for their cars.. just curious..
Given that people are probably starting to have enough and canceling orders, it is very likely that you would be assigned a car that is on GC.
If that happens and there are no further delays then YAY for you on the quick turnaround (My current EDD takes it to 5 months from ordering).

The only way to change to another car would be to cancel and forfeit your $400 order fee.
It would be best to speak to Tesla before ordering to see if you can just be assigned one that is not on GC if it is a concern.

There have been a few cancellations. I cancelled my order on Thursday (blue/black-white). Also, you may be offered a silver/black-white 20” aka DAT-CAR. There may be a few unassigned cars on GC. You have a chance to be part of history by ordering now and getting assigned a car on GC.

As the others have said, there's a very big chance you'll be assigned a GC car if you order now. My conversations with Tesla have been that the GC has the largest inventory with plenty of unassigned cars, as the shipment was meant to bolster the stock for pre-christmas and people taking advantage of the soon-to-go or already gone financial incentives. The Morning Cello mostly carried MYPs and the Don Juan was a much smaller shipment. There's no other shipments until late January or February (that could change though depending on how this fiasco goes).
Full disclaimer this is all 3rd hand information and I have no inside knowledge, so it could all change.

Reactions: thecasualplaya
There have been a few cancellations. I cancelled my order on Thursday (blue/black-white). Also, you may be offered a silver/black-white 20” aka DAT-CAR. There may be a few unassigned cars on GC. You have a chance to be part of history by ordering now and getting assigned a car on GC.
I think I might snipe your car. I've been considering blue with white interior for months now and with the delay I get the wonderful opportunity to fester on that thought.
Gonna call them now and see if I can do the swap without any financial loss (except the $1500 extra)