Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just two points:
1) DAFF seem to need 14 day's to 'clear' the ship - I assume this is based on the fact that she ship seems to be docking roughly every two weeks? Not sure if this is set in stone, or just based on DAFF's workflow for that time.
2) In the past the QSHIP Planned Movements have come up 2-3 days prior the movement - which I assume is based on when DAFF has approved the movement..

So if we're hoping for an 18th movement based on the above assumptions, then it's still possible to see something in QSHIPS over the next couple of days...

Also, don't forget that we know nothing. The whole assumption around stink-bugs is just that - no confirmation from any reliable source that it's actually stink bugs.
Yep.
1) Yep, but also from DAFF documentation. They approve a treatment and wait 10 to 14 days before inspecting again.
2) True, but I noticed that AAT have dropped it from the FI R&D schedule altogether - not even a placeholder "TBA" or "Completion of Vessel" anymore.

I'm doubtful this will happen before Christmas.

Tita
Another soul moves on. To be honest, since you didn't have a VIN you would have probably not been on the GC and received a MY24 car. But I hope you have better luck with the next one
You should feel fortunate that at least that car isn't stuck on a boat at sea for several months.
I totally agree with all. However i think the anxiety related to refreshing the account portal on Tesla.com and then constantly reading forums doesnt really help. So, i do have another option and once that option got confirmed and while Tesla reneged on their promise, i cancelled. Subconsciously, i knew this was coming.

It's a pretty ethically questionable move when a company names their products like this and then try to get out of any responsibility by putting up disclaimers (driver must be attentive and in control) on their website/manuals, contradicting the very definition of the names given to these features.
I dunno, "autopilot" has long been used for devices that will happily fly an aircraft straight and level right into terrain, and you've long been able to buy marine "autopilot" devices that will happily drive your boat straight into another object. I was kind of surprised to find that people thought "autopilots" did more than this.

The disclaimers aren't just hidden away on a website or in a manual, either. When you opt-in to Autopilot being available through the car menus, it gives you a big spiel about what it can and can't be expected to do, and every time you use it, it says to keep your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.

I doubt though, it hurts the brand a lot more.
In theory I would agree - about any other brand. I've realised through this process that Tesla as a bit of a cult following and I highly doubt this is going to hurt their sales at all.

One ship full of disgruntled customers is nothing for the brand and there is a queue of freshies who will happily take our VIN for $400.

Just two points:
1) DAFF seem to need 14 day's to 'clear' the ship - I assume this is based on the fact that she ship seems to be docking roughly every two weeks? Not sure if this is set in stone, or just based on DAFF's workflow for that time.
2) In the past the QSHIP Planned Movements have come up 2-3 days prior the movement - which I assume is based on when DAFF has approved the movement..

So if we're hoping for an 18th movement based on the above assumptions, then it's still possible to see something in QSHIPS over the next couple of days...

Also, don't forget that we know nothing. The whole assumption around stink-bugs is just that - no confirmation from any reliable source that it's actually stink bugs.
I know it's frustrating but I can assure you respectfully, that almost all of what you wrote is incorrect. Vessels don't berth based on DAFF's work flow, atleast not the way you think.
Information in Qships is updated when information is available. Vessels that arrive from Port Kembla take 1.5 days to get to Brisbane so the dates in Qship is pretty much based on a firm ETD from the previous port. Vessels that arrive direct to Brisbane are subject to DAFF approval (referred to as a BSD) but this doesn't really have anything to do with when information is entered into qship. Agents can put eta info into qship weeks out but they'll just end up changing the dates anyway so better to leave it till a few days out and make fewer changes.

Well hang on a minute I hear you say, "why does the AAT schedule show vessels weeks and weeks in advance??" Great question, AAT get schedule updates direct from the shipping lines that forecast what they are planning months in advance.

You can hope for the 18th but as we know, hope can be a fickle mistress.

Pretty much the one thing you can be sure of in this situation is that it's a stink bug issue.

Reactions: Steven Dorrell
In theory I would agree - about any other brand. I've realised through this process that Tesla as a bit of a cult following and I highly doubt this is going to hurt their sales at all.

One ship full of disgruntled customers is nothing for the brand and there is a queue of freshies who will happily take our VIN for $400.
I think it is due more to a lack of competition than to a cult following. EVs from other brands tend to be more expensive and less reliable than Tesla's except for BYD which are competitively priced and are better looking in my opinion. But they still lack brand recognition and are yet to be proven in the Australian market.

I know it's frustrating but I can assure you respectfully, that almost all of what you wrote is incorrect. Vessels don't berth based on DAFF's work flow, atleast not the way you think.
Information in Qships is updated when information is available. Vessels that arrive from Port Kembla take 1.5 days to get to Brisbane so the dates in Qship is pretty much based on a firm ETD from the previous port. Vessels that arrive direct to Brisbane are subject to DAFF approval (referred to as a BSD) but this doesn't really have anything to do with when information is entered into qship. Agents can put eta info into qship weeks out but they'll just end up changing the dates anyway so better to leave it till a few days out and make fewer changes.

Well hang on a minute I hear you say, "why does the AAT schedule show vessels weeks and weeks in advance??" Great question, AAT get schedule updates direct from the shipping lines that forecast what they are planning months in advance.

You can hope for the 18th but as we know, hope can be a fickle mistress.

Pretty much the one thing you can be sure of in this situation is that it's a stink bug issue.
Well since I didn't really claim that anything I said is 'correct', you are probably correct. I'm not sure you read my post correctly.

But what makes you think that this is definitely a stink-bug issue? Not one piece of official comms said anything about stink-bugs?

Reactions: Tony Soprano
Well since I didn't really claim that anything I said is 'correct', you are probably correct. I'm not sure you read my post correctly.

But what makes you think that this is definitely a stink-bug issue? Not one piece of official comms said anything about stink-bugs?
I'm sure because unlike the casualplayas on this website, I am a professionalplaya. :)👍👍👍

Just a PSA: For those buying on NL, I would suggest calling/emailing your NL company to advise them of the delay - and extend your contract start date (I did mine to Feb 4).

They 'should' get this info from Tesla but as we've heard here, it doesn't always happen. This will ensure you don't start paying for your car while it's still on a boat. I've also confirmed with my NL company that I can chose to cancel anytime before the contract start date without penalty (from them.. will still get shafted by Tesla, however).

Long time lurker. Ordered MYLR 8 December, originally had Dec 2023 - Jan 2024 EDD. Updated overnight to Jan 2024 - Feb 2024. No VIN yet. No emails or texts / Comms of any kind (I understand this to be standard practice at this point in the game).

This is probably a weird/irrelevant correlation to make but the Bergamot Ace arrived in Melbs overnight as well… I wonder if it was at this point that somebody verified my order couldn’t be fulfilled from the inventory available on that ship.

Eh anyway the wait continues.

Long time lurker. Ordered MYLR 8 December, originally had Dec 2023 - Jan 2024 EDD. Updated overnight to Jan 2024 - Feb 2024. No VIN yet. No emails or texts / Comms of any kind (I understand this to be standard practice at this point in the game).

This is probably a weird/irrelevant correlation to make but the Bergamot Ace arrived in Melbs overnight as well… I wonder if it was at this point that somebody verified my order couldn’t be fulfilled from the inventory available on that ship.

Eh anyway the wait continues.
I am in the same boat as you. I changed my MYRWD to LR on 29 Nov. EDD changed to Jan-Feb overnight. No VIN yet.