Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No posts just means we're lacking in any sort of hope or excitement at the moment šŸ˜¢
Yes, all the initial excitement is all gone. Iā€™ve resigned to the fact thereā€™s no amount of checking ship schedules and tracking Stinkship GC movements thatā€™s going to change the delivery date. All the constant updates to spreadsheets mean nothing. Iā€™ll just wait for delivery on 4th February SYD, if the ship has not been sent back to China šŸ˜­

Reactions: thecasualplaya
Interestingly enough our delivery date still shows delivery date 20 Dec to Jan 10 despite another email last week that the dates would change.
We ordered mid Oct in Canberra and I foolishly paid the whole thing 5 weeks ago when I thought delivery was happening within a few days. Did not want to slow down process of transferring old number plate to the Tesla.
Letā€™s hope December delivery still happens

Interestingly enough our delivery date still shows delivery date 20 Dec to Jan 10 despite another email last week that the dates would change.
We ordered mid Oct in Canberra and I foolishly paid the whole thing 5 weeks ago when I thought delivery was happening within a few days. Did not want to slow down process of transferring old number plate to the Tesla.
I'm still on Dec 31 - Jan 21 for my Melbourne delivery.

Last time, it took over a week for the EDD to update after the email was sent out.

My day finally arrived LR Silver ordered 11th September. Landed on Don Juan in Melbourne 29th November. Tesla txt me of Australia arrival on 30th and on 4th they provided delivery dates. Picked up adelaide today 16th December. No LED strip inside, but has pedestrian warning, cargo cover and still has ultrasonics thank goodness. Car perfect in everyway and no rattles like my old M Y ...

My day finally arrived LR Silver ordered 11th September. Landed on Don Juan in Melbourne 29th November. Tesla txt me of Australia arrival on 30th and on 4th they provided delivery dates. Picked up adelaide today 16th December. No LED strip inside, but has pedestrian warning, cargo cover and still has ultrasonics thank goodness. Car perfect in everyway and no rattles like my old M Y ...
Awesome! Congratulations!!!

Don Juan is just off Shanghai again, we are hoping it is about to pick up our model 3 highlands. Thatā€™s a helpful timeline guide for me for delivery times etc, thank you

Y
Interestingly enough our delivery date still shows delivery date 20 Dec to Jan 10 despite another email last week that the dates would change. We ordered mid Oct in Canberra and I foolishly paid the whole thing 5 weeks ago when I thought delivery was happening within a few days. Did not want to slow down process of transferring old number plate to the Tesla.
Your EDD will change on or close to the 20th. Not trying to be a naysayer - but there is no way a December delivery will happen if you're on the GC. Remember that when the cars are offloaded they still need to be delivered to Tesla - who then needs to arrange a delivery date with you.

Not to mention any cleaning that may need to be done at the port

Just called Revenue NSW and they confirmed that $400 order fee is classified as a deposit, just need to provide receipt that you've made this transaction. They said that they will update the website today with more details

They did flag though that Stamp Duty Excemption will not be applied automatically - will need to apply for refund post Jan 1
Thanks a lot for that effort.
I am just checking on my phone but is there a way to access sakd reciept of the 400$ order fee?

Thanks everyone

So we march day and night.jpeg

ā™Ŗ Lost in the waves, by the grand open sea,
Tesla's adrift, longing to be free.
Stinkbugs around, on this boat they cower,
They've got their sway, but we hold the power. ā™Ŗ