Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new software update released by Tesla a couple of days ago includes a one week ban if you get 5 warnings while using auto-pilot and not keeping your hands on steering wheel.
People paying $5100 upfront or $199 per month for enhanced autopilot won’t be happy.
What is next? May be, the car won’t start for a week if you over speed twice in a week 🤨.

How about ban on Tesla if they change EDD three times in three months.

The new software update released by Tesla a couple of days ago includes a one week ban if you get 5 warnings while using auto-pilot and not keeping your hands on steering wheel.
People paying $5100 upfront or $199 per month for enhanced autopilot won’t be happy.
What is next? May be, the car won’t start for a week if you over speed twice in a week 🤨.

How about ban on Tesla if they change EDD three times in three months.
5 warnings or 5 disengagements? I heard it was the latter?
FSD already has this in place.

Yep I've had my invoice since late Oct as well and paid it mid November. The other challenge is that we were traidning in our old car and I wonder what stunt they will pull with the negotiated trade in value since teh Beemer will have a few more km on it by the time the Teslal arrives

I would imagine trade in will be far less.
Yes that's my worry too. I'm also sure that Tesla won't do any price drops on the MY since they got so many cars on GC. It will only happen after they offloaded all those cars.

Tesla doesn't care that's the thing. After messaging them a few times it is clear that all we get is 'we are sorry but work hard to get you behind the wheel of your MY as soon as possible''. We won't get anything as a 'sorry your car took x months more' unless you are famous on YT :)

Last edited:
Yes that's my worry too. I'm also sure that Tesla won't do any price drops on the MY since they got so many cars on GC. It will only happen after they offloaded all those cars.

Tesla doesn't care that's the thing. After messaging them a few times it is clear that all we get is 'we are sorry but work hard to get you behind the wheel of your MY as soon as possible''. We won't get anything as a 'sorry your car took x months more' unless you are famous on YT :)

Oh yes, Tesla supply the UMC to popular YouTubers for good rep but when there's actual late deliveries for customers "lol whoopsie" ✌️

To be fair though, this delay is mostly out of their control and they have a LOT of people waiting.