Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes the dates are all very odd currently.

However the VIN does not lie and they are definitely 2024 manufactured vehicles. I hypothesize that the build date is only a "close enough" sort of affair, or perhaps is the compliance date. Meaning the vehicle was built in late 2023 to 2024, completed in the first few days of 2024 and then had its compliance check on the 8th.

Perhaps? I dunno. I'm a just simple man trying to survive in this modern Tesla age.

Yes the dates are all very odd currently.

However the VIN does not lie and they are definitely 2024 manufactured vehicles. I hypothesize that the build date is only a "close enough" sort of affair, or perhaps is the compliance date. Meaning the vehicle was built in late 2023 to 2024, completed in the first few days of 2024 and then had its compliance check on the 8th.

Perhaps? I dunno. I'm a just simple man trying to survive in this modern Tesla age.
Build date is the exact day it came off the production line.
Compliance date is when Tesla certifies that the car meets all applicable Aussie Design Rules. Possibly the day it gets unloaded.

1704942603738.png

GC went to the same place MC is heading for its very first visit (when it unloaded a handful of cars), it was only the last couple of visits that it went to the Grain Terminal.
IIRC the GC went to the grain terminal first, spent several days there, then Fisherman Island and started unloading, then back to the grain terminal again.

Maybe that ship was suspicious and needed extra investigation 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Kevin Li