Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for the novated lease people who've already paid for the original vehicles on the original assigned VINs.

I got in touch with my novated lease agent and forwarded the new VIN so they can do an asset swap on the securities register. The form I got back included an acknowledgement for a $500 fee to register the new VIN as a security. I didn't sign it and asked the novated lease agent.

The novated lease agent advsied they are trying to get Tesla to cover this cost. But no promises.

Anyone in a similar situation? I am standing firm on the position that if they want to charge me $500, then Tesla can go grab the original car assigned and ship it to me. $500 is a lot of money!

Reactions: riessy
I did take a look at the EV6 and there’s a ton of GT in stock at dealers

But it’s a hard pass for me, it’s miles quicker than the P

But before you even start, there’s no app… no thanks

Then there’s heaps of other reasons I can’t do it after 3 years in a 3
A YouTuber I follow just posted a video about one.
I'm about to kill 97min and see what he thinks.

Reactions: Mexican Batman
I got in touch with my novated lease agent and forwarded the new VIN so they can do an asset swap on the securities register. The form I got back included an acknowledgement for a $500 fee to register the new VIN as a security. I didn't sign it and asked the novated lease agent.

The novated lease agent advsied they are trying to get Tesla to cover this cost. But no promises.

Anyone in a similar situation? I am standing firm on the position that if they want to charge me $500, then Tesla can go grab the original car assigned and ship it to me. $500 is a lot of money!
$500 for putting in a bit of paperwork is having a laugh anyway.

Come back and let us know, still no allocated new VIN for my MYP and nothing more from Tesla, perhaps I should put my money down for a KIA EV6 GT? I think it's about another $10K more.
Kia is definitely an Ev for people who don’t want a Tesla

Key fobs and push buttons and no apps, if you like that you’ll love the EV6

Buttons because you need to adjust mirrors constantly, yep it’s the car for you

Manual seat and steering column adjustment to “save weight” yet weigh 200kg more than the Y

Efficiency that’ll make V8 owners blush

Scratchy hard plastics everywhere, less storage, terrible packaging

You bet

Ohh and do you love piano black, well Kia has the car for you

LOL

I really really wanted to like it

But I just can’t, forget what it costs even at $50k I can’t live with it and no doubt would sell it on

Very similar story with ioniq5 I like that better

But I spent 2 hrs playing with one and I just want my damn annoying Tesla back!

It’s not all bad though adaptive dampeners better ride etc…

And no regressions when Tesla is beta and takes a step backwards at times

Reactions: onmyway and Jules22
Yeah I just saw a review of it. While it has a couple of decent features, for the most part it looks like a MASSIVE step down.
I guess its horses for courses. Some peoples transition into EVs is one which must have some familiarity with traditional cars or what ever they are used too. Perhaps they are already inside the Kia/Hyundai ecosystem and they are happy with that and thats good.
I looked at the EV6 too but it didnt tickle my fancy. It looked cool enough but wasnt something id be comforatable daily driving.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jules22
Question for the novated lease people who've already paid for the original vehicles on the original assigned VINs.

I haven't been hit with this (yet) but I would also tell them to politely put that fee up their arse.

Screenshot_20240112_205956_Chrome.jpg
Paganella is on route to Brisbane!

Kia is definitely an Ev for people who don’t want a Tesla

Key fobs and push buttons and no apps, if you like that you’ll love the EV6

Buttons because you need to adjust mirrors constantly, yep it’s the car for you

Manual seat and steering column adjustment to “save weight” yet weigh 200kg more than the Y

Efficiency that’ll make V8 owners blush

Scratchy hard plastics everywhere, less storage, terrible packaging

You bet

Ohh and do you love piano black, well Kia has the car for you

LOL

I really really wanted to like it

But I just can’t, forget what it costs even at $50k I can’t live with it and no doubt would sell it on

Very similar story with ioniq5 I like that better

But I spent 2 hrs playing with one and I just want my damn annoying Tesla back!

It’s not all bad though adaptive dampeners better ride etc…

And no regressions when Tesla is beta and takes a step backwards at times
I think the EV6 is designed for those who miss the traditional petrol car experience. They're even selling yearly service plans at premium prices for an EV just squeezing every last dime out of your pocket. And that's on top of the car's already hefty price tag and the salesperson's commission. It's this kind of blatant rip-off that shows how legacy car makers are stuck in their ways of overcharging customers.

Interesting, no issues nor additional charges with my NL company, just a new lease quote to be signed with the added stamp duty to the price.

Interesting, no issues nor additional charges with my NL company, just a new lease quote to be signed with the added stamp duty to the price.

Me too. Very straightforward and no money taken out yet at all. New vin and stamp duty added. That’s it.

May I ask who is your finance company? My novated lease people went put me through Metro Finance Pty Ltd in NSW.

I think the EV6 is designed for those who miss the traditional petrol car experience. They're even selling yearly service plans at premium prices for an EV just squeezing every last dime out of your pocket. And that's on top of the car's already hefty price tag and the salesperson's commission. It's this kind of blatant rip-off that shows how legacy car makers are stuck in their ways of overcharging customers.
Yeah you are right, when you are ready for a move to EV you want a new experience not just another traditional car. Tesla offers that completely new driving experience more than another traditional car makers.

Im with SG Fleet

I don't think they do the finance. Usually a novated leasing (NL) company just manages your account, e.g. costs, pay deductions, claims etc. And they charge an admin fee. It's not usually disclosed who the financer is unless you read the fine print (they don't want customers to shop round as ALL NL companies get kickbacks for referrals). For example, Maxxia is a big NL operator that do NL for many state Gov sectors and I think they run their finance through to St George Bank. I went with Positive Salary packaging as a broker who organised my finance through Metro Finance.

A NL agreement is a 3 way agreement between the employer > NL company (SG fleet, Maxxia, etc) > Finance Company.

Put it this way, if you left your job, your lease gets de-novated and you lose all the tax benefits. SG fleet will no longer have a salary to deduct costs from, as you are no longer employed by that particular employer. So you must then manually pay the Finance company for the vehicle from savings or other income, until a new employer agrees to enter into the 3 way relationship again.

So they have paid, Tesla have the money, vehicle will be delivered.

If you ever want to default, there is no way the NL company can repo the car as they would have no legal right to the title.