Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. Model Y RWD dropped in price by $5000 today!
1716253544520.png

Just got an email from Tesla saying my order will be updated to the lower price. Awesome.
1716253500835.png

• Informative
Reactions: Zoltrix77
I can't help thinking maybe it's a sign that Model Y Juniper is coming soon.

All the usual drips are saying stock has been piling up, I am more inclined to think that were going flat out making vehicles and that the production line has now shut to make Junipers. There was a leak on the Juniper centre console on Reddit, it just looked like the Highland one, but the point is that it is very close.

I'll give it about a month. I am more interested if Shanghai model Y's are changing to the Gigacast chassis.

BTW, I'm trading in my 2022 Model 3 RWD for the Model Y RWD that I ordered on Saturday.
Initial estimated quote for trade-in was $41k and was waiting for the final offer after I submitted the photos on Sunday.
Got the final offer today and it was $40k. I'm glad the trade-in didn't drop as much as the price cuts of the new ones!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sturty
RWD price drop today by $5k. This made me change my order from a P to a white RWD 20" black interior. Got my VIN immediately, EDD May 27 to June 17.

For those looking to change and/or order now, I called the call centre and they told me there are 4 Quicksilver RWD with 20" wheels and white interior not yet assigned, and also about 5 Quicksilver RWD with 19" wheels not yet assigned. So there seems to be plenty of RWD stock available.

RWD price drop today by $5k. This made me change my order from a P to a white RWD. Got my VIN immediately, EDD May 27 to June 17.

For those looking to change and/or order now, I called the call centre and they told me there are 4 Quicksilver RWD with 20" wheels and white interior not yet assigned, and also about 5 Quicksilver RWD with 19" wheels not yet assigned. So there seems to be plenty of RWD stock available.
Why the change? Big drop from a P to a RWD! Just can't resist the price change?

hmm why people doesn't like LR ? it something that I'm not aware about it?
should I call tesla to double check my order? any chance that my LR version quick silver is there and no one want to assign?
I get the feeling Tesla aren't building many LR AWD because their movements in pricing indicate a LR RWD model announcement and expect a lot of people to shift their orders...

I get the feeling Tesla aren't building many LR AWD because their movements in pricing indicate a LR RWD model announcement and expect a lot of people to shift their orders...
I think that LR is very good combination between 0-100 about 2s less than rwd with extra long range.. and not expensive like P one. 14k more....now the price gap make me thinking if worth...

Reactions: Jules22
hmm why people doesn't like LR ? it something that I'm not aware about it?
should I call tesla to double check my order? any chance that my LR version quick silver is there and no one want to assign?
As I said earlier, the issue is they stopped making LR's and above for a little while there. The last WA shipment of Model Y's only had RWD. If you want to skip ahead, get the RWD and save some serious $$$. There's a good reason why it was just the RWD price dropping today.