Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just when I think it couldn't get any more ridiculous. After receiving an email yesterday at 09:02am SA time to book in my vehicle pick up. I then booked for a 16:30 pick up from Adelaide Airport on the 19th February.

I just received a phone call just now from (Tom?) from Tesla, advising that there has been a glitch in the system and that my vehicle will now be arriving into Adelaide on the 22nd of February, and that I can arrange pick up from the 23rd onwards. Seriously, how the hell does this happen? I had tinting and ceramic protection booked for the 20th, which I now have to rebook for. The app now has my EDD from February 14th to March 6 again.

Did I mention I ordered August 26th?

My patience has run dry. He wanted to rebook over the phone, but I want an email to keep records of this ridiculous situation. Tesla, fix your s#!t.

Who's doing your tinting in Adelaide?

I talked to a Tesla agent trying to juice as much information out from him and he stated they are expecting THEBEN deliveries to start around the 25th and end within the first week of March, apparently there still are hundreds of Teslas at PK that need to transported to DC's but our ones are prioritised.
I’ll believe that we are prioritised when I see it! Forum will be an interesting place to watch

Reactions: bsbh and inexus
I’ll believe that we are prioritised when I see it! Forum will be an interesting place to watch
Yeah I'm almost at the stage of cancelling because I'm not sure that Tesla can deliver my MYP? I either consider secondhand or maybe look at another brand which is in stock and ready to deliver within a few days..
If it's true that there are 100's of cars sitting on the dock in PK why haven't the older orders moved yet?

Edit & to make matters worse I sold my M3LR at the weekend.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm almost at the stage of cancelling because I'm not sure that Tesla can deliver my MYP? I either consider secondhand or maybe look at another brand which is in stock and ready to deliver within a few days..
If it's true that there are 100's of cars sitting on the dock in PK why haven't the older orders moved yet?

Edit & to make matters worse I sold my M3LR at the weekend.
Lucky! I sold mine in November.

Just when I think it couldn't get any more ridiculous. After receiving an email yesterday at 09:02am SA time to book in my vehicle pick up. I then booked for a 16:30 pick up from Adelaide Airport on the 19th February.

I just received a phone call just now from (Tom?) from Tesla, advising that there has been a glitch in the system and that my vehicle will now be arriving into Adelaide on the 22nd of February, and that I can arrange pick up from the 23rd onwards. Seriously, how the hell does this happen? I had tinting and ceramic protection booked for the 20th, which I now have to rebook for. The app now has my EDD from February 14th to March 6 again.

Did I mention I ordered August 26th?

My patience has run dry. He wanted to rebook over the phone, but I want an email to keep records of this ridiculous situation. Tesla, fix your s#!t.
Same thing happened to me.. the first guy say I was sent the initial date in 'error'. When I spoke with someone else that afternoon, he said it was a 'reshuffle'.. I wanted to speak to logistics team.. who called back and said it was a 'glitch' in the system. They can't even get their stories straight!!

Anyway hang in there - it's almost over.

I’m ADL too and have gone through the full MC saga having ordered in early Sept. Didn’t get the email you did yday so may be a legit glitch.

The good folk who are doing my ceramic and tinting contacted me a few weeks back saying they were expecting me to receive delivery on 28/02 - my EDD has been 14-Feb to 6-Mar for a month or so now so I think their estimate is on the money.
Now my VIN is blank in the app having had one assigned since early Jan and a confirmation email on 29/01 that my car has arrived in Australia…any idea what is going on with this?

Now my VIN is blank in the app having had one assigned since early Jan and a confirmation email on 29/01 that my car has arrived in Australia…any idea what is going on with this?
I think most people on this forum seem to have lost their VIN including yours truly. Yeah its been 9 days since my car landed in Aus too. Perhaps they have roped the telsa team into fixing up all those middle seat tether points for the M3H?
I get the feeling that they have a lack of staff, lack of trucks and lack of expertise how to deal with the backlog of cars. Deliveries seem to be trickling through if this forum is any guide.

Reactions: jq371
Let's goooo!!! LA!!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240215-145343~2.png
    Screenshot_20240215-145343~2.png
    304.2 KB · Views: 26
Can we take Tesla to court for compensation? as per my understanding GC issue was within their control, Tesla failed to comply the conditions of entry to Australia bringing those bugs on the ship.
Just spoke to Tesla in Parramatta and they advised that due to logistics Sydney cars have been unloaded in Melbourne and apparently they are looking road transport those to Sydney!
not sure when they will get the enough trucks to bring those cars here
keen to lodge a complain in Fair Trading NSW to start with.

Can we take Tesla to court for compensation? as per my understanding GC issue was within their control, Tesla failed to comply the conditions of entry to Australia bringing those bugs on the ship.
Just spoke to Tesla in Parramatta and they advised that due to logistics Sydney cars have been unloaded in Melbourne and apparently they are looking road transport those to Sydney!
not sure when they will get the enough trucks to bring those cars here
keen to lodge a complain in Fair Trading NSW to start with.
I doubt it very much. GC was not a Tesla ship, it was carrying multiple makers vehicles and it's nothing really to do with Tesla.

Shipping worldwide has been in a state of upheaval with what is going on in the middle east. There are only so many RORO's to go around and having half (or more) have go the long way around Africa is going to cause knock-on issues all around the world.

Delays like this and issues with contracted logistics happen every single day to every company, I doubt very much fair trading would have any interest. If I was in a position where the delivery time went significantly past the initial estimate (noting it is only ever an estimate, not a guarantee), I'd be talking with Tesla about some sort of freebie in way of compensation but I wouldn't be expecting too much to be honest.

Reactions: jq371 and bsbh
I think most people on this forum seem to have lost their VIN including yours truly. Yeah its been 9 days since my car landed in Aus too. Perhaps they have roped the telsa team into fixing up all those middle seat tether points for the M3H?
I get the feeling that they have a lack of staff, lack of trucks and lack of expertise how to deal with the backlog of cars. Deliveries seem to be trickling through if this forum is any guide.
This is what i got in an SMS from Tesla regarding this VIN dissappearance issue:
Good Morning Terry,
The app does change formatting in preparation for your delivery, thisis expected and nothing to be alarmed by. Please let us know if you have any further questions or queries.

The Tesla Team

I think if we were all advised on the process and what to expect, we all wouldnt be asking the question. It hasn't been the best buying experience to be honest, and I will be seriously looking at other options the next time I buy a car.

Reactions: Teddy2 and jq371
Ok..
Paid in full as of this morning and ready for pickup on Monday.
Had a missed call just before and kind of freaked out as I thought it was probably the call to reschedule due to the storm.

I called Tesla and they said it wasn't them that called (probably another scam call) but they confirmed it's all set to go on Monday.
I asked about the potential for it being pushed due to the storm and they said ours was not one of the ones being pushed.

I can stop stressing now.

I have tried to move my delivery from March 6 to late February in Melbourne (MC).
Unsuccessful
They claim the order of delivery is decided by the trucking company not Tesla. Meaning the car is somewhere at the back of the lot and Tesla service don't really want to do anything about priorities for GC survivors. Cold business.
Well, nothing new. Still disappointing.