Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think most people on this forum seem to have lost their VIN including yours truly. Yeah its been 9 days since my car landed in Aus too. Perhaps they have roped the telsa team into fixing up all those middle seat tether points for the M3H?
I get the feeling that they have a lack of staff, lack of trucks and lack of expertise how to deal with the backlog of cars. Deliveries seem to be trickling through if this forum is any guide.
Aaannnddd just got pushed out from 14-Feb to 6-Mar to 4-Mar to 12-Mar.

It’s never ending.

Reactions: jq371
IMG_4745.jpeg

Yeh, every time I check the berthing schedule, the Walrus Ace gets pushed back further and further. Now where it is, it will have waited 2 weeks before berthing, while others who arrived later get in before it!

I’m knocking on wood as we speak

Yeah not sure why walrus ace is getting moved around so much. My EDD is still the same though. So here's hoping it comes through soon.
the reason the Walrus has dropped back is due to the berthing rules that MIRRAT have put in place. Normally they use the 'first in best dressed' process however when yard space congestion kicks in, they apply a set of rules that prioritizes vessels that should work more efficiently. If you look at their vessel schedule you should see another tab called vessel line up which shows where and when each vessel is expected to berth. It's a very unique approach for any terminal to apply these rules and to MIRRAT's credit, they have tried something new and pretty brave to try to reduce vessel delays. Some ships get delayed, some don't but the overall idea is that the wider industry benefits. The good news is that no ship can be bumped down the list by more than 4 places. Whether these measures have been a success of failure or haven't made any real difference is up for debate but I hope this explains the situation and removes a bit of the uncertainty.

• Informative
Reactions: cafz and bsbh
the reason the Walrus has dropped back is due to the berthing rules that MIRRAT have put in place. Normally they use the 'first in best dressed' process however when yard space congestion kicks in, they apply a set of rules that prioritizes vessels that should work more efficiently. If you look at their vessel schedule you should see another tab called vessel line up which shows where and when each vessel is expected to berth. It's a very unique approach for any terminal to apply these rules and to MIRRAT's credit, they have tried something new and pretty brave to try to reduce vessel delays. Some ships get delayed, some don't but the overall idea is that the wider industry benefits. The good news is that no ship can be bumped down the list by more than 4 places. Whether these measures have been a success of failure or haven't made any real difference is up for debate but I hope this explains the situation and removes a bit of the uncertainty.
In addition to what you've said @evsRsuper , what I could make out from their spreadhsheet was that there are two companies that load/unload cars - Qube and Linx, are assigned to the shipping companies, and it seems like these stevedores can work on only 1 of their assigned ships at a time. Hence other ships get berthed but see no ops (light greened out).
Learning new logistics stuff comes free with buying a Tesla