Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same. Got a new VIN assigned with a build date of 27th Dec.

This experience has been the worst. I wouldn't be surprised that either a) an upgraded MY will start coming out with HW4 in the next few months perhaps with the factory having been upgraded over the golden week holidays in China, or b) the price on the MY will drop after they have offloaded the backlog of the MY and in preparation for the Juniper model or both and our resell value will drop heaps... this is the 'luck' the GC people had so far :)

Picking up my car Tuesday in Alexandria/Sydney. I don't feel excited any longer as I felt in Sept last year. If only we were so lucky that HW4 had been added, then I would be over the moon and not cared about the Juniper model coming.
The joy has been sucked out of the experience somewhat, I will admit.

Reactions: jq371
Just purchased a model y from inventory! looks like it has a build date 16/01/2024 with a EDD March 02 - March 23. Do not know yet which vessel it is on. Anyone else here with a similar build date?

My order also says 16/1/24 as the build date. Tesla advised that the vehicle is on the Walrus Ace. My EDD got pushed out yesterday, updated to 27th Feb - 19th March (in Brisbane)

Reactions: bsbh
My order also says 16/1/24 as the build date. Tesla advised that the vehicle is on the Walrus Ace. My EDD got pushed out yesterday, updated to 27th Feb - 19th March (in Brisbane)

Also just noticed on the TMR QShips page that the Walrus Ace is currently scheduled to berth in Brisbane on the 25th Feb (will obviously depend on if it can get in and out of Melbourne on time)

Can’t add accessories on a lease - not even the UMC, only the vehicle unfortunately.
It's funny mine says you can add 'some' accessories. Specifically UMC can be added, as it's critical to using the vehicle. Unless I guess one exclusively supercharges. It seems ceramic coating and paint protection can be added to lease as well. I'm waiting to hear if any other accessories are allowed. I believe each lease company operates differently, some even allowing 4.2c/km charging rates off of a draft ruling!

Reactions: jq371
I saw a post on the Tesla Owners Australia FB group tonight that a guy ordered a 2024 model from Inventory last week and is picking up next week. He is cancelling his order placed in November that was a reassigned Glovis model and still had a later EDD than next week. Another person commented on the post that they spoke to Tesla and did similar and was able to get the $400 on the earlier order refunded. Who knows how Tesla is running things, but it's certainly not first in first out it seems.
I have just done the exact same thing. Got the same EDD but for a 2024 inventory model with exactly the same spec as the Sept 2023 manufactured GC stink bug vehicle they were trying to get me to take.

• Informative
Reactions: jq371 and jassi
Well I tried calling Tesla to do something similar but they said the inventory cars showing up as available in Victoria were actually still on a ship and not on the ground. They said it would actually delay my order vs just waiting for current order. Having said that mine is already a 2024 LR AWD on walrus ace (about to berth) with the vin assigned, and I was just trying to switch colours. So yeah not the same as the stink bug 2023 builds! Good to see people can get out of taking those cars in 2024!

You mentioned Mulgrave DC are going slow on MY deliveries. Is that still the case? How much of the effects

You mentioned Mulgrave DC are going slow on MY deliveries. Is that still the case? How much of the effects of the great storm is still visible in the DC?
A few branches on the ground and that's it.
They were in full swing with deliveries.
More then happy for us to stay as long as we needed and helped us with any questions.

Just got home so I will go into more detail later.

• Love
Reactions: bsbh