Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Highly doubt that considering the build dates are 3 months apart lmao
I'm assuming you're referring to this part of my message "I guarantee that come the day I sell it, the value of a MY24 over a MY23 will be worth more than $400.", not sure though?

If you were, I guarantee it will be worth a lot more than $400. When you sell a car privately, the model year makes a difference (regardless of whether it means anything in reality or whether the difference is 1 day or 3 months). A 2023 manufactured car will always be documented as a 2023 vehicle, whereas a 2024 will be, well 2024. That's all the buyers will see on the advertisements between two otherwise identical cars on CarSales.com

Reactions: zlev and jq371
I'm assuming you're referring to this part of my message "I guarantee that come the day I sell it, the value of a MY24 over a MY23 will be worth more than $400.", not sure though?

If you were, I guarantee it will be worth a lot more than $400. When you sell a car privately, the model year makes a difference (regardless of whether it means anything in reality or whether the difference is 1 day or 3 months). A 2023 manufactured car will always be documented as a 2023 vehicle, whereas a 2024 will be, well 2024. That's all the buyers will see on the advertisements between two otherwise identical cars on CarSales.com
thats normally true, but, as someone pointed out, come Juniper, legacy models will see lose value, regardless of MY23/MY24. Maybe the odo reading will be the only thing that would matter.

Just curious about the delivery SMS. What times have you recieved this message? Is this only during business hours, Mon-Fri?
Clearly, I am not taking the advice of forgetting about the car order and being excited when you finally get it :cool:

Graphine coating, Xpel Prime XR Plus Ceramic Tinting and interior protection applied yesterday. Cost $2,200.
IMG_1449.jpeg
IMG_1450.jpeg

My link wasn’t working for schedule so I called them and they said i could pick up between 19th march and 25th march on SMS, i said ill pick up on the 21st but its not confirmed on the app and they haven’t also sent a confirming text message, now suddenly the link works and the only time is the 19th of march 11am. What do I do? Do I call them tomorrow or do I just schedule?

Sorry to hear on your experience, all the best with getting a delivery soon! I am sure it will be all worth it once it lands in your hands
Yeah wouldn't have been an issue if we didn't have an overseas travel plan in the mix. But didn't think their dates would move around by a whole month or more, and overlap with our travel which we booked months in advance. I understand they can't bring deliveries forward but was hoping they could hold the car a week beyond my current EDD, so I can come back and pick it up. Not sure how they expect people to just block out months of their life and be available at a week's notice! If they have fixed EDD then sure someone can plan around it, but not with the constantly sliding window system.

Reactions: bsbh and jq371
Yeah wouldn't have been an issue if we didn't have an overseas travel plan in the mix. But didn't think their dates would move around by a whole month or more, and overlap with our travel which we booked months in advance. I understand they can't bring deliveries forward but was hoping they could hold the car a week beyond my current EDD, so I can come back and pick it up. Not sure how they expect people to just block out months of their life and be available at a week's notice! If they have fixed EDD then sure someone can plan around it, but not with the constantly sliding window system.
Exactly the same thing happened to me. Out by 4 weeks and the only delivery window was for when we were due to fly overseas.. thankfully we could push our flight out and cut our trip down by 3 days, but it’s annoying

My link wasn’t working for schedule so I called them and they said i could pick up between 19th march and 25th march on SMS, i said ill pick up on the 21st but its not confirmed on the app and they haven’t also sent a confirming text message, now suddenly the link works and the only time is the 19th of march 11am. What do I do? Do I call them tomorrow or do I just schedule?I hav

haha its ok - anything to make you feel better for spending that additional $400! It is literally the exact same car. The range is what people will mostly look at. Unless you are selling soon, it won’t make any difference especially with the refresh coming next year.

Reactions: bsbh
I have ordered on on 24 September. Shared all the pain with others lucky ones who got GC ticket. Being reassigned for 24 December build.
Then offered 6 of March to pick up. Accepted.
Called to ask to move earlier. No help.
Send an SMS next day and mentioned GC saga (that was a week ago).Offered 1st March.
Which is tomorrow! OMG.
I can't believe it is happening.
Mulgrave, from 3:30.
Thank you all for support and wish all new buyers to have a better experience. The car is designed to have one.

I have ordered on on 24 September. Shared all the pain with others lucky ones who got GC ticket. Being reassigned for 24 December build.
Then offered 6 of March to pick up. Accepted.
Called to ask to move earlier. No help.
Send an SMS next day and mentioned GC saga (that was a week ago).Offered 1st March.
Which is tomorrow! OMG.
I can't believe it is happening.
Mulgrave, from 3:30.
Thank you all for support and wish all new buyers to have a better experience. The car is designed to have one.
What city are you in??