Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Insurance quotes - (CA/Los Angeles)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I know auto insurance is a complex algorithm based on location, history, age, car etc. but with my clean record here are some quotes I've gotten. Any other suggestions to pull quotes from?

Tesla Model 3 SR+ - $40,000
Specs:
Bodily - 100,000-/300,000
Property - 100,000
Medical - 10,000
Uninsured- 100,000/300,000
Vehicle - 1000 deductible
Car rental - 75/2250

Farmers - $183/mo ($30 rental)
MetLife auto with employment perks $169.84/mo (rental $75/2250)
COSTCO - $178/mo ($50/1500 rental)
Geico - $149.45/mo (rental $50/1500)
Mercury - $190/mo (rental $50/1500)
Telsa - TBD upon VIN

Doesn't look unreasonable to me, especially seeing that you didn't post an age range. It is going to be more than a $20,000 car, that's a given.
Don't forget that not all carriers are the same. Things like how well they take care of you with a claim can be huge when you needed.

I was just answering another post and looked up info that CA in total was the 6th most expensive state to insure in at $1800/yr. Given a LA location, you will probably be more than that by a fair amount.

So, $1800 - $2500 seems right on target.

try AMICA.

Also, have you asked about a discount for placing auto with your homeowners/renter's insurance?

Also, don't forget to ask about any annual dividend. For example, AMICA rebates xx% every year which can be taken as cash or applied to next year's premium.

try AMICA.

Also, have you asked about a discount for placing auto with your homeowners/renter's insurance?

Also, don't forget to ask about any annual dividend. For example, AMICA rebates xx% every year which can be taken as cash or applied to next year's premium.
Yes, I get about a 30%-40% discount for adding other autos, home, earthquake, umbrella, etc. Insurance companies want to grab all your business and will reward you well if you do.

Can those rates go cheaper if you pay every 6 months? That seems to be the California default period. I've been getting 6 month insurance bills for years and years. I was always under the impression that you would get a better deal if you didn't pay by the month.
thank you. yes these are based on 6 months rate (most all of them) I just broke them down to monthlies.