Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto insurance: which company do you have and are you satisfied with their claims service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So State Farm who I've been with since 2001 is skinning me alive. $313 a month for your typical 100k/300k yada yada on my 3 vehicles. I shopped around with Liberty Mutual, Progressive, and Geico. The latter two are $1,670-$1,884 a year, respectively, which is a huge savings. Liberty had me laughing all the way to the "End Call" button.

My questions are: should I shop around even more? The calls are painfully long, atleast 25 minutes each. Is Geico's claim service relatively pain-free? I'm sort of getting sold on them.

State Farm claims service has always been a breeze and never an issue. I'm all for saving money, especially this much, but not if it means a hellish claims experience should the need ever arise.

Can people recommend Geico or Progressive over each other? Progressive is coming in a bit cheaper but it seems like Geico is a more solid choice of company with stable rates who do not play the discount game with silly modules you plug in to your car that monitors driving habits.

Also open to any other company suggestions if you swear by them. Thanks for your time.

I had always used Amica or USAA before and then I had such an amazing claims experience with GEICO when someone rear-ended me who was a GEICO insured.

GEICO handled it so well that I got a quote from them the next week. They saved me about 1/3 from what we had been paying and we had a teen driver at the time.

Recently, they handled my Tesla repair from freeway road debris damage and agreed to everything the body shop recommended by Tesla wanted. The only thing they didn't pay for was the tax on the rental car and I'm still not sure why. I plan to investigate that, though.

Oh, I will say that for the first year they did "capture" mileage, which was a bit annoying. I think we are through with that now.

• Informative
Reactions: Mickie