Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto park/summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Title says it all. I'm upset at how this all transpired.

Splurged for a Model Y with the 0.99% financing. Added FSD since you can finance that as well. On the listing page it clearly shows FSD contains "Autopark, Summon, and Smart Summon". You can see for yourself here: https://www.tesla.com/inventory/new/my

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 6.46.28 AM.png

But AFTER I ordered this message appears in app:
Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 6.47.50 AM.png

And when I click the button I see:
Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 6.48.07 AM.png

Summon (To get in and out of the garage) and autopark are the two FSD features I find most valuable 😡. I've been searching online and seeing these features have been missing for years.

This is wild to me that they would put it in the listing but then remove it after my $250.

Makes me lose all faith in Tesla as a brand.

• Disagree
Reactions: Goobers
What was the point of you signing up onto this forum? Isn't the point to keep yourself informed? So, if you had checked every so often, you would've known this has happened since last year when they removed USS.
I'm just supposed to know that Tesla lies to and misleads its customers on its product page without reading the forums first? 😂

That's a ridiculous stance.

I knew they removed the USS years ago, but I didn't realize they STILL hadn't updated the software 😵

If you read a product listing and it says it has "xyz", you might expect the product to, you know, have "xyz"

I'm just supposed to know that Tesla lies to and misleads its customers on its product page without reading the forums first? 😂

That's a ridiculous stance.

I knew they removed the USS years ago, but I didn't realize they STILL hadn't updated the software 😵

This is a "tempoary" issue, because the HW4 is not yet completely integrated,
but later on you will be in the other camp because at some point
some features would be only supported with HW4 but not anymore with HW3.

I think the major issue with HW4 is that new cameras have been added.
The CT owners who paid $120K, I believe, still don't have FSD.

Anyway, it will be the same story with HW5 !!!

If you read a product listing and it says it has "xyz", you might expect the product to, you know, have "xyz"

Tesla is constantly making new updates, not like other automakers who follow the model year releases.
So between yesterday and tomorrow, you never know what new features you will get (or lose...).

You should chek web sites like 'not a tesla app' to see what features your specific sotware version has.

Note: I summon is not working, if your garage access is flat and in a straight line in front of your garage door,
you could put the car in Neutral (using Towing Mode) and push your car by hand.

Last edited: