Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto-parking-brake

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody else had the c**p scared out of them with the feature where the MS will automatically apply the parking brake in certain situations (seatbelt not engaged, light pressure on seat)? It has happened to be numerous times while backing my car into my garage or a parking space and each time I think I hit something...

Has anybody else had the c**p scared out of them with the feature where the MS will automatically apply the parking brake in certain situations (seatbelt not engaged, light pressure on seat)? It has happened to be numerous times while backing my car into my garage or a parking space and each time I think I hit something...
This is very disconcerting!! It has happened multiple times to me while I'm backing out of my garage!! The car suddenly brake for no apparent reason while I'm reversing... scaring the *sugar* out of me...!!

It happend to me once while I was trying to parallel parking in front of traffic I was scared and embarrassed. But once I got the hang of my S I looked at the back up camera instead of trying to lift up out of my seat and look back. And since Auto park was released my car does all of the work use it everyday!:D

This is very disconcerting!! It has happened multiple times to me while I'm backing out of my garage!! The car suddenly brake for no apparent reason while I'm reversing... scaring the *sugar* out of me...!!
Are you turning around and looking back?

As soon as you lift off the seat car goes into park. Terrible for people that actually look back vs mirrors or screen.

Yes, I will often turn around to look, which is more comfortable without my seatbelt on, hence the problem.

I learned a lesson on using only the camera. I back into my garage and for whatever reason one day the garage only opened to the half-way point. Since my mirrors were tilted down and it was higher than the backup camera I backed right into my garage door. Fortunately my MS wasn't hurt :)