Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

auto pilot and brake lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a question about autopilot. When driving on the freeway using autopilot and the car does a pretty abrupt slow down due to a car cutting you off...do your brake lights come on? This just happened to me, and the car behind me seemed upset. I thought it might be because my car didn't have any brake light warnings for him?
Just curious.

No, the brake lights always come on when you’re decelerating past a certain rate. The person was probably just upset about the sudden slowdown, brake lights or not :)

Idk about SoCal but up here it’s also a “how dare you let someone in and make me 0.2 seconds later for work!”

I have a question about autopilot. When driving on the freeway using autopilot and the car does a pretty abrupt slow down due to a car cutting you off...do your brake lights come on? This just happened to me, and the car behind me seemed upset. I thought it might be because my car didn't have any brake light warnings for him?
Just curious.
If you wonder when your brake lights are coming on, just watch the representation of the car on the instrument cluster. When the brake lights show on the little car there, then your brake lights are on.