Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto presenting door handles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not yet but I’m considering the hanshow version 4. it comes pre assembled so more plug and play. Also interested to know if anyone has installed?
Did you get your EV offer version installed?

I just ordered it for $400 cnd tax/ship incl. Got a 15% discount. Version 4 comes pre assembled and a tesla aftermarket install guy here in Toronto has installed it for a few clients already. They enjoy it quite a bit..more MS and easy. My wife can’t stand the door handles as they are…she almost broke her nail twice lol. 🤦🏽‍♂️

I should have them within 2 weeks and installed shortly after.

38176CAB-5EAF-4BF9-BBD4-174BAF8E652A.jpeg

Attachments

• C7D2A49E-368C-41BA-AC47-B7FB5B5A02E6.png
    C7D2A49E-368C-41BA-AC47-B7FB5B5A02E6.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
  • 9CFB9875-C886-4650-846F-C27C914947B0.jpeg
    9CFB9875-C886-4650-846F-C27C914947B0.jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 75
Not yet but I’m considering the hanshow version 4. it comes pre assembled so more plug and play. Also interested to know if anyone has installed?
Did you get your EV offer version installed?

i saw some reviews and they are glitchy as ****. present at the wrong times, don't always detect. i think it even presented while the car was in motion once. i don't know if they have been fixed in later versions but that's why i hesitate. i do really like the door handle lighting though, my benz had that.

i saw some reviews and they are glitchy as ****. present at the wrong times, don't always detect. i think it even presented while the car was in motion once. i don't know if they have been fixed in later versions but that's why i hesitate. i do really like the door handle lighting though, my benz had that.
Yep saw those. Also know 2 owners who have had them for last 6-8 months with only an occasional glitch once a month..much as model S has. It’s never perfect. So apparently Version 4 now is better built and more reliable than v3 all of 2021. Time will tell 🤷🏽‍♂️

Yes! Finally someone else alao? Mine are intermittently working now. Passenger side light stays on always. Won’t work to open. If I mainly open the rear passenger, the the front opens…

Drivers side works half the time but light stays on the drivers door but not the rear door.

Basically a mess. I’m having my install guy tech out to the supplier with this. Looks like some update messed up their controller box. He’s asking for an update to it. I received mine form hanshow …version 4.

No thanks. I like the *idea* of these, but have zero tolerance for aftermarket bugs, considering Tesla has enough bugs of their own.
Tbh other than this one thing, it’s been 4 months of awesome. My wife and teen daughter both love not having to risk their nails or trying to pry the door open with one hand while with a purse, school bag, coffee cup or grocery bag in the other hand etc It’s quite convenient. Ask any model SX owner and they’ll likely concur.

Also the lit up handles are genius for night time. Having to get a firmware update 2-3x in a year doesn’t bother me for this added convenience.

Happy wife, happy life lol

Yep saw those. Also know 2 owners who have had them for last 6-8 months with only an occasional glitch once a month..much as model S has. It’s never perfect. So apparently Version 4 now is better built and more reliable than v3 all of 2021. Time will tell 🤷🏽‍♂️
Much as Model S has, huh?
So, I'm on my third Model S, with about 250,000 miles on that model. Obviously, you don't know very many owners, because people like me don't have door handle glitches, EVER. Always present when pushed (heavy touch) and always open easily. True, NOTHING is ever "perfect", but the door handles' functionality and performance have been flawless over the years I have owned Model Ses. So, yeah, I think you're underinformed, if not outright lying. Using only TWO owners for your information is a poor sample for your comment.

Much as Model S has, huh?
So, I'm on my third Model S, with about 250,000 miles on that model. Obviously, you don't know very many owners, because people like me don't have door handle glitches, EVER. Always present when pushed (heavy touch) and always open easily. True, NOTHING is ever "perfect", but the door handles' functionality and performance have been flawless over the years I have owned Model Ses. So, yeah, I think you're underinformed, if not outright lying. Using only TWO owners for your information is a poor sample for your comment.
Wow. Lying eh? What an asinine comment. Hey bud…not all of us live in gorgeous sunny Napa Valley. People like you need to try existing outside the bubble of Cali once and awhile. Try subjecting those handles to winter conditions every year. Every try to see how effective a handle is at breaking through some ice? Eventuslly the motors weakens and one sees occasional glitches. Ie. A handle will fail to present or presents and retracts quickly. There are numerous threads on door handle malfunctions here. Oh here’s one I found in 3 seconds and quite recent:

Initial model S Teslas were all made in Cali for Cali. Rudimentary functions such as wipers, heated windshield/side mirrors were an afterthought. As was handle longevity in cold climates. They still can’t get their wipers to function as well or as smooth a Toyota Corolla.

I have many friends with S and X’s and all have had their handles replaced under warranty and now out of warranty. And yes we live in Ontario CAN which to anyone outside of California or living in the NEast means 4 seasons and snow/ice.

I’ve also had the pleasure of owning 3 model S’s and a model X so I’ve been through it. Some are perfect, many have the handle issue after a winter or two.

Disclaimer…I love Cali and have lots of fam in SoCal…nothing against the sunshine state :)

Last edited:
Mine
Yes! Finally someone else alao? Mine are intermittently working now. Passenger side light stays on always. Won’t work to open. If I mainly open the rear passenger, the the front opens…

Drivers side works half the time but light stays on the drivers door but not the rear door.

Basically a mess. I’m having my install guy tech out to the supplier with this. Looks like some update messed up their controller box. He’s asking for an update to it. I received mine form hanshow …version 4.
Mine had the lights always on.
Contacted Hansshow and I have to wait for the right firmware. Send me something but will half open 3 doors (2 rear + passenger side/ left) and full open the front driver side(driver) like I push the new button for frozen handle.