Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto steer Limits and Easter Egg Menu w/17.18.50

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a brand new X (delivered yesterday) with what I think is the most recent firmware. I'm on: 8.1 with 17.18.50.

But I've noticed two big limitations:

1) Autosteer is still limited to 35 mph on non-highways.
I thought that ended in late April. Obviosly I didn't have Autosteer at all for 50-ish miles but when it enabled I figured I would get the latest and greatest. Any existing owner lose some Autosteer capability with the latest firmware?​

2) When I tap the T then try to pull down the menu (by pressing and holding at the top of the pop up window, nothing happens.
My OA says several cars arrived this week without that Easter egg selsection screen. This is less critical because I can use the codes to access them, but combined with #1 above it makes me think something is wrong with the X's firmware.​

Advice appreciated, if there is any to share. Thanks!

I've got a brand new X (delivered yesterday) with what I think is the most recent firmware. I'm on: 8.1 with 17.18.50.

But I've noticed two big limitations:

2) When I tap the T then try to pull down the menu (by pressing and holding at the top of the pop up window, nothing happens.
My OA says several cars arrived this week without that Easter egg selsection screen. This is less critical because I can use the codes to access them, but combined with #1 above it makes me think something is wrong with the X's firmware.​

Advice appreciated, if there is any to share. Thanks!

I think you have to have used the Easter eggs before they appear on the selection screen? (Not completely sure)

@McManX - You don't have to use the easter eggs to have them available. I got new 17.17.17 and all the easter eggs were available on delivery. I'm almost positive my delivery team did not load them either. They barely knew how any of the car worked and didn't spend much time as they were busy on other cars.

@Seattle Tom - On 17.17.17, my autosteer on local road is restricted to the speed limit it gets via gps. So it's 35, if the speed limit sign says 35, but is definitely 45 when it "thinks" the speed limit is 45, etc.

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: Tigers and McManX
17.18.50 seems to have a new kernel for the CID, primarily delivered to AP1 users but with a few AP2 deliveries. It seems to put AP2 in some limbo zone where it doesn't have all the features of 17.17.17 or 17.17.4.

Curiously it seems like Tesla has been holding off on updating AP2 cars to resolve this, which suggests to me that they feel the next update for the whole fleet is due to be out "soon"

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve