Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Wipers & 2022.36.6 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Auto Wipers are no longer working after the version 2022.36.6 update. I've tried several reboots and this happens with and without Autopilot engaged. Under Controls the Auto Wipers selection is greyed out and not selectable. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I’ve got to the point where I don’t think I have any patience left with the car/Tesla. Where I live there are no road lights for miles - West Coast of Scotland. The auto wipers do not work, period. On rainy nights - frequent here - IMO it’s dangerous to try and navigate tapping the screen to switch speeds. My wife wants rid of the car as the software updates have just gotten stupid. Every time we drive at night now the screen constantly flashes that all cameras are blocked, emergency braking is disabled and this does her head in.

According the Tesla, nearly everything is BETA - in other words I don’t expect it to work whereas other cars have had a working solution for many years. Physical stalk with controls.

Back to Carwow and probably and ICE until the Polestar three is available. 🫤

Attachments

• 146A927D-64B8-4732-BDA4-3BEB45FE0F9B.jpeg
    146A927D-64B8-4732-BDA4-3BEB45FE0F9B.jpeg
    303.2 KB · Views: 217
  • F54429A8-BB36-4DFF-8638-797ECF9139FC.jpeg
    F54429A8-BB36-4DFF-8638-797ECF9139FC.jpeg
    502.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Reactions: SalisburySam
2022.36.6 after this update mine have no autolights, no auto wipers, and cruise control and off course no autopilot . What the hell?? In my country no Tesla dealer so no service of any kind , I guess have to wait for new update ? Or I can do something about it?

Undecided_2 & Jeffreymodycr,

Sorry you are encountering the problem but thank you for letting me know I’m not alone and this requires firmware fix.
Yeah I hate to update my car , no autolights or autowiper is kind of anoying. And no cruise control and no autopilot I was used to used it now feel that I am driving any ev car and worse. Hope they come out with the update soon as possible.

Chiming in to say I have the symptom: “auto wiper” greyed out. However, as Nicole remnants are cruising through NC, I did drive today - wipers worked as I expected in variable rain. Cruise control worked. Didn’t check auto lights though…

Auto Wipers are no longer working after the version 2022.36.6 update. I've tried several reboots and this happens with and without Autopilot engaged. Under Controls the Auto Wipers selection is greyed out and not selectable. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I am on 2022.36.6 and auto wipers worked great during recent showers and heavy rain in Los Angeles. Auto high beams work great too. 2022 MYP .

I am on 2022.36.6 and auto wipers worked great during recent showers and heavy rain in Los Angeles. Auto high beams work great too. 2022 MYP .
Yeah i got friends here in my country running that update and no problem but there also couple more model y that have the same issue, one of them already receive 2022.40 .1 and fix their problem. So I guess is matter of time to receive my updates not all receive are recive at once.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricAnt54