Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autobody parts delay

Do you have trouble getting Autobody parts?

• Yes

Votes: 30 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently was hit and my Tesla Approved body shop claimed that Tesla is so delayed to get parts they hang up on him. I reached out to my local dealer and they claim there was no delay and a California Autobody rep was to call me. It’s been over a week and nothing. Anyone having issues getting Autobody repair parts?
I'm having the same issue but I'm based in the UK. So far some parts have taken over 5 weeks to arrive - our accident was on 2nd March....still no car and Tesla refuse to listen or update me and blame it on the Bodyshop who have been faultless in their communication but have their hands completely tied as all the delays have been to do with parts at Tesla. Tesla try and wash their hands of responsibility.

• Informative
Reactions: NeverFollow
@LeeMAngio - Have you tried contacting the folks at Tesla who will help with body shop issues?
  • For Body shop or collision repair issues, you can get a Tesla Body Shop Customer Advocate to assist you by emailing us ([email protected]) or calling 877-798-3752 (press 2, then 4).
I've tried that.....want to see what Tesla really think of their customers....."There is an open customer escalation with the Body Shop Support team. Please leverage this team to support with the customer experience aspect of this delay". That excerpt is from Tesla to the UK body shop attempting to fix our car....that they didn't intend for me to see. This is arrogance. This isn't how Tesla should deal with their 'partners' or anyone, it's appalling.

I just had my side mirror installed yesterday. I waited two months for a side mirror for my Model S. And this was installed by Tesla Service, they just took forever in getting the part in stock. Escalated it multiple times through multiple people. Nobody could give me an ETA. And then two months later BAM. Set up a appointment for the next day and they installed it.

Yeah, Tesla really needs to get their act together for replacement body parts. If my mirror took two months, can't imagine what some of you folks with large collisions are going through o_O
Just imagine. We had a small slow speed collision on......March 2nd. STILL NO CAR. All down to no parts. Be very afraid of the day you have a collision/accident. Tesla are only interested in selling cars not servicing the existing customers who have put their faith, trust and money in the brand. No car for almost four months and counting.....

I recently had a fender bender (someone hit the back of our S at a red light) and I was able to convince the insurance company to pay the body shop to reassemble the bumper after performing their initial estimate and let me drive the car for the three or four weeks that it took for Tesla to get new bumper parts to the body shop. Initially, the insurance company didn't want to pay for the shop to reassemble the bumper then remove it again but after a bit of time on the phone I was able to get a human with the intelligence and authority to recognize that this was saving the insurance company money versus a $40/day car rental for all that time.

I've tried that.....want to see what Tesla really think of their customers....."There is an open customer escalation with the Body Shop Support team. Please leverage this team to support with the customer experience aspect of this delay". That excerpt is from Tesla to the UK body shop attempting to fix our car....that they didn't intend for me to see. This is arrogance. This isn't how Tesla should deal with their 'partners' or anyone, it's appalling.
Huh? When I read that, I interpreted it to mean 'The customer isn't happy with you - please let us help you fix that'. What did you think it meant?

Reactions: TexasEV
I think they’re trying to help. As the saying goes, US and UK are two people separated by a common language.

Reactions: bonnie
Huh? When I read that, I interpreted it to mean 'The customer isn't happy with you - please let us help you fix that'. What did you think it meant?
Sorry I wasn't clear at all!
The loom (the final part required) was ordered by the repair shop on 16th May.
The repair shop were given an expected due date of 12th June....when that date came and went Tesla claimed that was the due date into Holland (which had now already been missed).
They could not give a date when it would arrive.
The Loom has to be fitted by a Tesla engineer not the authorized repair shop.
The earliest an engineer is available is 29th June. When the repair shop said this is going to be very difficult to explain to a customer who has been waiting almost 4 months, entirely down to parts, the actual team who have control and knowledge over these parts (the EMEA Body Repair Programme) who are not customer facing simply tell the body repair shop to "leverage the team to support with the customer experience aspect of this delay" rather than taking any responsibility or making any effort to actually escalate the delivery!!!
I have never once been contacted proactively by the Body Shop Support Team and when I do call them I have more up to date information than them because the repair shop update me......on the complete lack of information and support from Tesla! It is actually farcical and would be funny....if I hadn't been driving a manual skoda fabia for the past 4 months..
If I could work out how to start a thread on this forum I would do and list out the incompetency and disregard for their customers displayed by Tesla, I have the timelines and the evidence. I would never buy another of these cars again and am going to proactively make the UK market aware of the clearly even longer times that we face here.

I think they’re trying to help. As the saying goes, US and UK are two people separated by a common language.
Sorry I wasn't clear at all!
The loom (the final part required) was ordered by the repair shop on 16th May.
The repair shop were given an expected due date of 12th June....when that date came and went Tesla claimed that was the due date into Holland (which had now already been missed).
They could not give a date when it would arrive.
The Loom has to be fitted by a Tesla engineer not the authorized repair shop.
The earliest an engineer is available is 29th June. When the repair shop said this is going to be very difficult to explain to a customer who has been waiting almost 4 months, entirely down to parts, the actual team who have control and knowledge over these parts (the EMEA Body Repair Programme) who are not customer facing simply tell the body repair shop to "leverage the team to support with the customer experience aspect of this delay" rather than taking any responsibility or making any effort to actually escalate the delivery!!!
I have never once been contacted proactively by the Body Shop Support Team and when I do call them I have more up to date information than them because the repair shop update me......on the complete lack of information and support from Tesla! It is actually farcical and would be funny....if I hadn't been driving a manual skoda fabia for the past 4 months..
If I could work out how to start a thread on this forum I would do and list out the incompetency and disregard for their customers displayed by Tesla, I have the timelines and the evidence. I would never buy another of these cars again and am going to proactively make the UK market aware of the clearly even longer times that we face here.

Just imagine. We had a small slow speed collision on......March 2nd. STILL NO CAR. All down to no parts. Be very afraid of the day you have a collision/accident. Tesla are only interested in selling cars not servicing the existing customers who have put their faith, trust and money in the brand. No car for almost four months and counting.....
Extremely frustrating.... rear ended May 30th; parts out of stock indefinitely - apparently the lift gate line has major issues - I know there are bigger issues in life but customers should not just have to deal with this to the degree that we area. Get us back up and running! Where is John McNeill's replacement when you need him!

Tesla has a major issue with parts. The body parts advocates have not accelerated anything and rarely return your calls. I talked to a supervisor, Eric and he promised they would get back to me which has not happened. My car accident was May 9 and currently waiting for a seat. The first seat was shipped with a defective airbag and Tesla has not accelerated delivery. You can get a new Model S in less than half the time.

Has anyone considered filing a lawsuit against Tesla? Class action? In two weeks, 7 months since I have had use of my car. How long is the next repair requiring parts going to require. Do I have confident that I will not lose use of the car for months again?

I recently was hit and my Tesla Approved body shop claimed that Tesla is so delayed to get parts they hang up on him. I reached out to my local dealer and they claim there was no delay and a California Autobody rep was to call me. It’s been over a week and nothing. Anyone having issues getting Autobody repair parts?
Yes. Been waiting more than a month now for part(s) connecting the small triangular from window. Very frustrating.

• Informative
Reactions: hpartsch
Tesla has a major issue with parts. The body parts advocates have not accelerated anything and rarely return your calls. I talked to a supervisor, Eric and he promised they would get back to me which has not happened. My car accident was May 9 and currently waiting for a seat. The first seat was shipped with a defective airbag and Tesla has not accelerated delivery. You can get a new Model S in less than half the time.

Has anyone considered filing a lawsuit against Tesla? Class action? In two weeks, 7 months since I have had use of my car. How long is the next repair requiring parts going to require. Do I have confident that I will not lose use of the car for months again?
I'm starting to wonder about stopping lease payments to try to get some action. If enough lease customers with parts problem stopped making payments maybe Tesla Finance problems will get some attention