Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autocross- SCCA EV-X Class vs. SS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Matt,
We are having an event June 4th here in Harrisburg PA.....a bit of a hike, but the courses are well set up....pretty fast and usually a 45 second or better run time. 4 runs in morning and 4 runs in afternoon. I am currently registered in XSA since so far this year, I am the only Tesla. If you or any others here come out, I will move to EVX.

Reactions: SK360
Matt,
We are having an event June 4th here in Harrisburg PA.....a bit of a hike, but the courses are well set up....pretty fast and usually a 45 second or better run time. 4 runs in morning and 4 runs in afternoon. I am currently registered in XSA since so far this year, I am the only Tesla. If you or any others here come out, I will move to EVX.

Ah damn we got plans that weekend, let me know of any others you got going on in the summer I may try to make it out.

Matt,

I thought EVs weren't eligible for XS classes?

I understand that the XS classes is a run what you brung class....with a street legal car, with an interior and 200 tw tires. I did ask the solo events board about my Tesla in XSA and they have not answered my question yet. Until then, our club does not seem to care for now.
If your local competitors do not care, don't tattle on yourself ;)

EXCLUDED: Audi R8; Ferrari (all); Ford GT; Lamborghini (all); Lotus 7 (all including clones); McLaren (all); Electric Vehicles (all).

I missed that exclusion. Thanks for the heads up.

I am a rule follower typically, I will move to EVX and run by myself for PAX.....I guess.
Ultimately you are taking a PAX hit by running either XS class vs. EVX so I would think people would be inclined to not be too frustrated by it even if the car is not "classed" in either XS class. I know in the couple of regions I run, points and bragging rights are typically looked at via PAX anyway (though raw time is always nice to be at the top :)

Ultimately you are taking a PAX hit by running either XS class vs. EVX so I would think people would be inclined to not be too frustrated by it even if the car is not "classed" in either XS class. I know in the couple of regions I run, points and bragging rights are typically looked at via PAX anyway (though raw time is always nice to be at the top :)
What would the advantage or reason be to run as XS-A or XS-B as opposed to EVX? (I didn't go back and re-read all the prior posts on this, so sorry if this has been answered already.)

That reminds me, I had the same thing happen. The timing truck at my latest SCCA autocross said they fixed my PAX because "EVX" which was listed as 1.0 in their timing software has changed to "EV 0.835." When I check solotime.info the class has indeed changed to "EV." Anyone else see news on this? Kinda annoyed because I just bought magnets w/ my class but not a big deal.

What would the advantage or reason be to run as XS-A or XS-B as opposed to EVX? (I didn't go back and re-read all the prior posts on this, so sorry if this has been answered already.)
The only advantage would be to run with other cars (if there are other cars in those classes) - There would be zero advantage otherwise because you would take a PAX hit. Also, it appears EV is not allowed in those classes so I guess it's a moot point! For me, even though I am usually the only EV, I am going after raw time and pax time (which I'm guessing is how it is in a lot of classes).

With all of that said - I am excited because there are three of us signed up right now for EVX at the upcoming Champ Tour in Peru IN. whoo!

Reactions: GAGT