Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic gear selection in M3 and MY.. possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dropping the stalk on the new S and X is Tesla's worst idea. It's bad enough that you have to use the screen or voice controls to control the windshield wipers, having to do the same for gear shifting is much worse. The automatic system isn't going to work in a parking lot or parking structure, having to use the slide on the screen when you also have to turn the wheel will be terrible. In the simple situation, getting out of your own driveway, it saves you absolutely no work.

I absolutely love driving my M3 LR. The key word there is "driving". I don't really want the car to be deciding whether I should go
forwards or backwards. That's my job. I may be in a minority here, but I also don't want FSD either. I do like TACC, but I don't like auto steer. What's the point of auto steer if the car is going to prompt me to give the wheel a tug every 30 seconds or so? That is much more of an annoyance than actually steering the car. The only value I see in auto steer is to have it on if I am very sleepy, but better and safer yet is to just pull over at a rest stop and take a nap.

Reactions: holmgang