Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic Navigation and Easy Entry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

New model 3 owner here. When I get in my car in the morning and the Easy Entry profile is active, I can see that it has the navigation to my work on the screen. However, when I press the brake and it switches to my profile the navigation goes away. Has anyone else experienced this problem and discovered a workaround? Thanks in advance.

Haha, double ps]ost it seems. No prob.

Your profile has all of these settings. Took me a while too, to figure out.

Start with your profile. If it has your calendar in there and your supposed to be at work, chances are that the nav will want to take you there. There is a toggle (read: check mark) for Easy Entry. You can play around with that too. I set mine to raise the seat ne pull it back while tucking in the steering. Getting old really sucks, but this helps a lot.

Keep experimenting, you will definitely get it.

Upvote 0
You have profile settings saved in both Easy Entry and your driver profile. When you step on the brake it switches from Easy Entry to your driver profile.

While in your driver profile set up your navigate to work, etc. and then hit save. You can do the same when in Easy Entry before touching the brake.

Upvote 0
Haha, double ps]ost it seems. No prob.

Your profile has all of these settings. Took me a while too, to figure out.

Start with your profile. If it has your calendar in there and your supposed to be at work, chances are that the nav will want to take you there. There is a toggle (read: check mark) for Easy Entry. You can play around with that too. I set mine to raise the seat ne pull it back while tucking in the steering. Getting old really sucks, but this helps a lot.

Keep experimenting, you will definitely get it.

Sorry about that. It made me create a profile after the first post and I didn't see the first post go through so I made another. I'll tinker with it some more.

You have profile settings saved in both Easy Entry and your driver profile. When you step on the brake it switches from Easy Entry to your driver profile.

While in your driver profile set up your navigate to work, etc. and then hit save. You can do the same when in Easy Entry before touching the brake.

Understood. So when I'm in the Easy Entry profile should I just disable "Automatic Navigation" and make sure it's only enabled on my personal driver profile?

Reactions: Soul Surfer
Upvote 0
Sorry about that. It made me create a profile after the first post and I didn't see the first post go through so I made another. I'll tinker with it some more.

Understood. So when I'm in the Easy Entry profile should I just disable "Automatic Navigation" and make sure it's only enabled on my personal driver profile?
Essentially YES. I had created a bunch of profiles, like:
  • Movie/Game
  • Nap
For my own Profile, "JP", I checked off the easy entry, so the minute I touch the brake peddal before shifting, it goes from Easy-Entry to JP. When I put it in Park and unbuckle the seatbelt, it goes to Easy-Entry. This is ideal, how I think most user set theirs up. Hope this helps.

Reactions: jdcollins5
Upvote 0
Hello,

New model 3 owner here. When I get in my car in the morning and the Easy Entry profile is active, I can see that it has the navigation to my work on the screen. However, when I press the brake and it switches to my profile the navigation goes away. Has anyone else experienced this problem and discovered a workaround? Thanks in advance.
Hey mate. I've had the same issue. Have you fixed it?

Upvote 0
Also I find my seat position doesn't go to the right spot.... So strange.
You need to think of your profiles as different sand boxes including the easy entry as it is a profile.
Things like seats, steering wheel, mirrors, navigation etc are different for all sandboxes.

What you need to do is first go to your profile and make all the changes you want and save them.
Then toggle into the Easy Entry profile and make the changes you want for it there and save that.

The next time you tap the break peddle you will go to your own profile and when you put it in park and remove the seat belt it will enter the easy entry profile if you have that option selected in your profile.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0
Hey mate. I've had the same issue. Have you fixed it?
I have not. I had the issue this morning even after reporting it to service and had the car taken in. I have a video of what happens but they can't replicate it of course.

I've gone into Easy Entry profile and made sure the Auto Nav is turned off but every time I step in the car in the morning I see the directions to my work are already pulled up. I place my foot on the brake and the navigation goes away and I just have to slide my finger on the Navigation type box to pull it back up.

Upvote 0
Ahh. With the help of this thread I have finally figured out why my Easy Entry doesn't automatically work when I park the car and undo my seat belt. Why? Because I'm not actually unfastening the seat belt since I am using one of those 8-10" extensions which I find makes it much easier for me to fasten/unfasten the seat belt. So in reality, I am not ever actually undoing the driver's side seat belt. Thanks everyone, this has been driving me crazy since I really love this feature and have to manually press the "easy entry" profile on the touch screen.

So, having said this, does anyone know if there is another way to program the easy entry feature? It would be great if I could get it to automatically work when I have put the car in Park. Am I dreaming? Anyone tried to do this? Love my M3.

Upvote 0