Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automatic Window Roll-Up on Walkaway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A refreshed Model S Long Range parked next to me the other day. The driver got out and just walked away. A couple seconds later the windows rolled up, the mirrors folded, and the car locked.

I have a 2021 Long Range Plus, and I’m trying to figure out how to get my windows to do this also when I walk away. My mirrors already fold and the car locks when I walk away.

Do the pre-refresh cars not have this ability? Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

“Refresh” model S is vague because people are using the term to describe both the change from nosecone to the non-nosecone circa 2016 as well as the change to the new, Model 3-like architecture that happened with the Plaid release in 2021. The latter has the horizontal screen and the new fog lights.

... manufactured in 2020...

I guess the actually-made-year 2012-2020 S/X were influenced by classic ICE so when you turn off the "ignition for gas engine", you just can't roll your powered windows up as you walk away.

But starting with Model 3, the power for powered windows is not shut off when you turn off the "ignition for gas engine" because someone just realize that there is no gasoline in Tesla.

That realization was then applied to Model Y and now, this year 2021, to S and X as well.