Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AUTOPARK FAIL: DON'T USE AUTOPARK NEXT TO GARAGE PILLARS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two weeks after picking up my Model X I was happy to see the "P" signal to park in an underground garage. It was a space between a car on the left side and a concrete pillar on the right. I hit the "P" and let the car do it's thing like many times before. It was all going smoothly, the car was already in the parking space, very well parked, but it decided to adjust for some reason. So it went forward and extremely right, hitting the side front of the car into the pillar. Not sure of what happened but wanted to raise the issue.

Two weeks after picking up my Model X I was happy to see the "P" signal to park in an underground garage. It was a space between a car on the left side and a concrete pillar on the right. I hit the "P" and let the car do it's thing like many times before. It was all going smoothly, the car was already in the parking space, very well parked, but it decided to adjust for some reason. So it went forward and extremely right, hitting the side front of the car into the pillar. Not sure of what happened but wanted to raise the issue.

We had same in our Model S — manual now specifically says DO NOT USE around pillars in garages. That said, when we had it happen was in early days of AutoPark - Tesla took the car on flatbed in 30 min, got us a nice loaner, covered all expenses, and then some. They were great about it, but that was back when we helped them figure this problem out...