Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopark unreliable on 2021 plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody find auto park to be very unreliable (as in not finding spots/functioning) on their refresh models. I have 21 plaid with FSD beta, and even before I got FSD it barely worked. I would say it sees a spot less than 10% of the time, and I make sure to drive slowly enough. My previous 2015 and 2018 model s cars seemed to be pretty good with auto park. Everything else seems to be functioning normally (autopilot, parking sensors, etc). Not sure if this is just me or if this is a common issue

I find it comes and goes with different software versions. Currently doesn't work on the last FSD I got on my 2020 over a month ago. Since the new cars no longer even have parking ultrasonic sensors, parking must be rewritten for vision only (I don't see how that will be possible). Anyway, I have a feeling this feature and Summon will be in Beta Beta for the next year of so until they can get out something functional but not working -- like everything else.

I find it comes and goes with different software versions. Currently doesn't work on the last FSD I got on my 2020 over a month ago. Since the new cars no longer even have parking ultrasonic sensors, parking must be rewritten for vision only (I don't see how that will be possible). Anyway, I have a feeling this feature and Summon will be in Beta Beta for the next year of so until they can get out something functional but not working -- like everything else.
Zero doubt in my mind that Tesla is continuing to dog their holes deep and wide at the moment. I can’t even believe they pushed public the vision-based proximity sensing. It’s so broken from everything I’ve seen. 6 month wait for many owners and a broken system.

Same issue as well on my Model S 2021 Refresh. Ive tried to go slow and go half a cars distance from the empty spot and stop but it never seems to register for auto park On the bright side my manual parallel park skills has drastically approved in the city.

Reactions: DerbyDave
The self driving and self parking, and most advanced Tesla features are OK when they work, but in general I just drive the car myself, and it is fun. The other stuff, including infotainment issues, comes and goes. I hate to say I am getting used to the glitches by now. Hopefully the Tesla folks will continue to put primary attention on the battery, drivetrain, and management electronics so I don't get stranded somewhere.:)

Reactions: dojoyee