Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopark?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

UncaNed

Supporting Member
Apr 8, 2015
East coast
I have a year-old Model X with EAP & FSD.

I stumbled upon a video for autopark; didn't know autopark existed existed. How do I make it parallel or perpendicular park itself? I can't find out how to initiate that.

I have a year-old Model X with EAP & FSD.

I stumbled upon a video for autopark; didn't know autopark existed existed. How do I make it parallel or perpendicular park itself? I can't find out how to initiate that.

You have to pull past the spot and wait for "P" box to appear before putting it into reverse. Then you get the option to commit to autopark on the screen. There is more documentation in the manual available on the main screen.

Start a 2:00 on this video

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
Hahaha. Don’t you just love discovering your car has features that other companies would have you pay a lot extra for ?
I had similar experience the other day when I realized for example the car had adaptive headlights. I had been wondering when my driveway had started being lid up so well. Then randomly saw the headlights adapting one day.

Reactions: 1375mlm
I think you have to put it in Reverse to get the “Autopark” button to appear. I think for parallel parking it’s pretty darn good, but for perpendicular parking (backing into a spot in a parking lot for example), well, you are better off doing it yourself.

It COULD work well, if the car used sensors and cameras to construct a model of the world around it, and then used that context to maneuver into spots.

Instead it just reacts to real-time sensor data, making it clunky and possibly dangerous.

EAP works far better than AutoPark.

OK, so I was confused, too. I just got AP and FSD and I read the manual (I thought) but couldn’t find any “Autopark” slider or options in the menus. So, it’s just “there” and a virtual button appears in appropriate situations?

OK, so I was confused, too. I just got AP and FSD and I read the manual (I thought) but couldn’t find any “Autopark” slider or options in the menus. So, it’s just “there” and a virtual button appears in appropriate situations?

Correct. Give parallel parking a try. Just pull up past an open spot, I suggest you select a big opening the first time. You will see a rectangle with "P" in it appear. Put it in reverse. Then confirm the autopark and let the car do its thing. Be ready to take over, but do not touch anything until it is done.

Reactions: Prunesquallor