Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed 2022.8.2 yesterday, and the release notes claim that it improves autopilot performance in stop-and-go traffic by using more regen braking. I tried it this morning and the operation seemed much jerkier than before, both in decel and accel. A few times I had to tap the accelerator to get it moving when the lead car pulled away, but in other cases it would take off on its own - very inconsistent and unpredictable. On top of that, there were continual chimes and a couple of chirps that I could see no reason for. From this one experience, it certainly didn't feel like progress; I feel it was smoother before. My car is a 2021 with radar.

Less "smooth" would be a significant improvement, in my opinion... to be more rigid and accurately following the cars ahead would be amazing.

But what we really need is an adjustment slider so we can choose our preference for "wife feel" or whatever. I drive by myself almost all the time, and as the person that's paying attention to traffic & the road, it's very frustrating to have it "so smooth"!

Reactions: MikeyC