Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Cabin Camera Unavailable" Kills FSD. AP Okay.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First drive today using FSD since getting the Holiday Update 2023.44.30.6. Unfortunately a few minutes into using FSD I got the red steering wheel, screaming alarm, and the error message "Cabin Camera Unavailable." Now I can no longer use FSD. I have done a restart by holding down the scroll wheels on the yoke and also let it sit and walked away for a couple of hours so I assume it powered down. AutoSteer works fine. Also the cabin camera works from the phone app. According to the text on the Autopilot settings page, I do not have any FSD strikes. Any ideas how to reset FSD? Anyone have a magical combo of button presses and special dance moves that needs to be performed?

Reactions: tony34
Does this only happen in the dark?

I am having a similar issue in the Model Y. Cabin camera night vision IR emitters have stopped working. I don’t know whether it’s a hardware failure or a software bug, but I only noticed it recently after getting the Holiday Update .30.5.1 and while trying to use the FSD in the dark. It is possible that the failure happened earlier and I only noticed it now.

In my case, I can’t see the cabin via the app in the dark only in bright light.

IMG_3464.jpeg

In case someone is having the same issue as I, with FSD unavailable at night due to the cabin camera IR emitters not working, here is a temporary workaround that worked very well for me and allowed me to drive on FSD at night:

In Display Settings switch Appearance from "Auto" to "Light" and set display brightness close to maximum.
Alternatively, you can leave the Dome lights on while you drive.

First drive today using FSD since getting the Holiday Update 2023.44.30.6. Unfortunately a few minutes into using FSD I got the red steering wheel, screaming alarm, and the error message "Cabin Camera Unavailable." Now I can no longer use FSD. I have done a restart by holding down the scroll wheels on the yoke and also let it sit and walked away for a couple of hours so I assume it powered down. AutoSteer works fine. Also the cabin camera works from the phone app. According to the text on the Autopilot settings page, I do not have any FSD strikes. Any ideas how to reset FSD? Anyone have a magical combo of button presses and special dance moves that needs to be performed?
Same problem with my 2018 Model 3. A temporary solution is to enter service mode, go to the Cameras tab of the driver assistance section, and reset the DAS. This reboots the ECU and camera and gets it working again until it randomly flakes out again later. The car entering sleep will sometimes fix this because this power down reboots the same system.

Reactions: Gabbleratchet7
Does this only happen in the dark?

I am having a similar issue in the Model Y. Cabin camera night vision IR emitters have stopped working. I don’t know whether it’s a hardware failure or a software bug, but I only noticed it recently after getting the Holiday Update .30.5.1 and while trying to use the FSD in the dark. It is possible that the failure happened earlier and I only noticed it now.

In my case, I can’t see the cabin via the app in the dark only in bright light.

View attachment 1003678
It was full sun. iPhone camera video in the dark shows IR emitters are working.

Same problem with my 2018 Model 3. A temporary solution is to enter service mode, go to the Cameras tab of the driver assistance section, and reset the DAS. This reboots the ECU and camera and gets it working again until it randomly flakes out again later. The car entering sleep will sometimes fix this because this power down reboots the same system.
Sleep and soft reboot didn't help in my case. Possibly accessing the camera from my iPhone or when I accessed it from the screen somehow fixed it. In both cases the camera worked without issue.

I'm having this problem as well. I've had the "cabin camera unavailable" error on and off for a while but it only started disabling FSD after the December update. Very annoying. I happens both at night and in daylight.
I've had the occasional cabin camera error in the past as well. Now after the update, the error pops up a couple of miles into a drive and kills FSD. Today I found that the cabin camera preview shows a black image. After sleeping, the cabin camera works both at night and in the day and FSD works again for couple of miles and then the camera errors out again. I've read some posts about the cabin camera being very hot to the touch. My camera is only warm. I've got a service appointment in a couple of weeks. Hopefully it's just bad camera hardware.

Reactions: Gabbleratchet7
Went into service mode to look at the logs and here is what I found.
•APP_W190_selfieCameraStreamExit v
Set Time08 Jan - 12:24:23
Audience[service-fix, factory]
DescriptionThe cabin camera (selfie cam) stream to the Autopilot electronic control unit (ECU) exits or is interrupted.
Set ConditionThe cabin camera stream exits or is interrupted.
Clear ConditionThe cabin camera stream returns.
Potential ImpactAutopilot functionality may be limited or unavailable.
Alert PayloadAPP_alertSource = TURBOA
APP_sw190_bufferError = false
APP_sW190_currentTemperature = 0
APP_ sw190.
deserCrcError = false
APP_sw190_deserLineLengthError = true
APP_sw190_deserLockError = true
APP
_sw190_deserParityError = false
APP_sW190_exitStatus = STREAM_EXIT_NOMINAL
APP_sw190_firstFrameGrabFailure = false
APP_sw190_frameGrabFailure = false
APP_sw190_gainControlFailure = false
APP
_sw190_imagerHeartbeat = IMAGER_HEARTBEAT_SNA
APP_sw190_maxTemperature = 0
APP_sw190_minTemperature = 0
APP_sw190_numCaptureRecoveries = 0
APP_sw190_serializerCrcErrCount = SNA

08 Jan - 12:24:23

SERVICE MODE

APP_sw190_tempMonitorFailure = TEMPERATURE_MONITOR_NO_FAILURE

APP_W330_cabinCameraFault v
Set Time08 Jan - 12:24:28
Cleared Time08 Jan - 12:25:09
User TextCabin camera unavailable
Schedule service if this issue persists
Audience[customer, service-fix, factoryl
Descriptionmake unavailable some Autopilot features.
Set Condition
Clear ConditionClears automatically 45 seconds from start of drive.
Potential Impactunavailable, or may not function as expected.
Alert PayloadAPP_alertSource = TURBOA
APP_sw330_initFailure = false
APP
_sw330_ledFault = false
APP_sw330_streamExit = true

I've had the occasional cabin camera error in the past as well. Now after the update, the error pops up a couple of miles into a drive and kills FSD. Today I found that the cabin camera preview shows a black image. After sleeping, the cabin camera works both at night and in the day and FSD works again for couple of miles and then the camera errors out again. I've read some posts about the cabin camera being very hot to the touch. My camera is only warm. I've got a service appointment in a couple of weeks. Hopefully it's just bad camera hardware.
This is precisely what mine is doing.