Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot /Adaptive cruise getting worse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My journey this morning from Manchester to Birmingham in beautiful weather conditions and a light to moderate motorway suffered the following:

Cameras blocked or blinded warnings: too many to count on the A roads.

2 lane change cancellations swerving back into the previous lane.

1 full on emergency brake in the fast lane for no reason.

3 hesitations when passing cars or cars passing me requiring me to apply power to continue.

68 mile drive. Poor show.
So, working as designed, amirite?

Just finished a drive down the M6. AP is no officially a F’in mess. Constantly panic braking for no reason while passing other vehicles in the inside lanes. They have broken it really well. I have numerous dash cams of events that will be submitted tomorrow, it’s now officially dangerous in my opinion!

Reactions: Pagemakers
So my Model 3 just stamped on the anchors on the M4 when the car to the left drifted slightly in its lane.

Unfortunately the car behind me was an unmarked police car who thought I brake checked him. 😕

Very very very glad that I have a written record with both Tesla and VOSA highlighting the unnecessary and aggressive emergency braking, although I suppose a competent barrister could argue that getting in a vehicle I know to be dangerous is probably negligent.

Blue lights came on and he rocketed off up the road but I will not be surprised if I get a court summons based on video evidence. Would be mildly interesting to see if the police comment on the VOSA argument that the “Tesla has brake lights”.

So my Model 3 just stamped on the anchors on the M4 when the car to the left drifted slightly in its lane.

Unfortunately the car behind me was an unmarked police car who thought I brake checked him. 😕

Very very very glad that I have a written record with both Tesla and VOSA highlighting the unnecessary and aggressive emergency braking, although I suppose a competent barrister could argue that getting in a vehicle I know to be dangerous is probably negligent.

Blue lights came on and he rocketed off up the road but I will not be surprised if I get a court summons based on video evidence. Would be mildly interesting to see if the police comment on the VOSA argument that the “Tesla has brake lights”.
Wow! Just wow.

This is what is happening to me. Any time a car in the next lane drifts over so slightly out of the middle of their lane (which literally happens all the time), my car freaks out and jabs the brakes.

Not sure which firmware introduced this behaviour, but it is fairly new and extremely unwelcome. Makes AP pretty much unusable!

I've had my Model 3 just under a week and we were driving to Loughborough yesterday form Reading and had about 6 or 7 phantom braking incidents in bright sunlight. They always seemed to happen when overtaking an HGV and then car dealing with it well and hard braking. I had it again on the way to work this morning on the M4 in the dark. Overtaking an HGV again. To think I cancelled an MG4 XPower order due to the Lane Keep Assist for this. I've also got the Premium Connectivity trial and it takes ages to get a 4G signal when leaving home and will randomly drop connection so I have to start my mobile hotspot which has no issues. They are both on the same O2 network which is more annoying.

Apart from that I'm loving the car...