Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot advisory tone loss

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday afternoon on the second drive of the day, the car let me in but was dark and took about a minute to boot up. Everything worked including the AP but the connect/disconnect advisory tone was missing. The turn signal "click" was also missing. The "two button" reboot had no effect. I pulled over and powered off and on from the security and safety screen which restored all functions. About an hour later on the next drive, a phone call to home produced erratic noises in the car speakers. That turned out to be a faulty handset in my home interfering in the land-line ring function and had nothing to do with the car.
When the car was new I had difficulty pairing the garage door opener with homelink. Turned out the 21 year old opener had just developed a weak starting capacitor on it's motor and wouldn't operate intermittently.

I think I'll take a nap..

Last night my M3 had no audio on my drive home from work. Signal lights, radio/streaming, Bluetooth, all failed to produce sound. I couldn’t even file a big report. Also ended up have to do a Power Off and then a reboot to restore audio.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna