Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot and automatic wipers not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, just wondering if anyone has had similar issues and a solution before I report a service issue.
basically autopilot is no longer available for use and hadnt been for a few months. The auto wiper function had also stopped working.
Thanks in advance
car is m3sr+

Hello, just wondering if anyone has had similar issues and a solution before I report a service issue.
basically autopilot is no longer available for use and hadnt been for a few months. The auto wiper function had also stopped working.
Thanks in advance
car is m3sr+

When you press the stalk button for a wipe and the mini menu then appears which wiper speed choice is highlighted? Does it actually say they are set to auto?

Are you seeing visualisations in the drive screen? Mine had some sort of Autopilot computer crash a while back and wouldn’t allow AP selection. There were no visualisations either. Only resolved by allowing the car to sleep properly, I.e. sentry off, 3rd party apps off and Tesla app closed for a few hours. When it woke up, it rebooted the AP computer and recovered. As the wipers are also camera based it may be this is related.

In 3 years of ownership I'd found autowipers ok minus a few dry wipes, but following latest bug update the autowipers are now not sensitive enough so I'm using I, II or III options instead when driving in the rain

Are you seeing visualisations in the drive screen? Mine had some sort of Autopilot computer crash a while back and wouldn’t allow AP selection. There were no visualisations either. Only resolved by allowing the car to sleep properly, I.e. sentry off, 3rd party apps off and Tesla app closed for a few hours. When it woke up, it rebooted the AP computer and recovered. As the wipers are also camera based it may be this is related.
I did re calibrating the camera and it was fine for about ten minutes but then next drive, it wasnt working again. It isnt picking up other vehicles etc or speed signs

I did re calibrating the camera and it was fine for about ten minutes but then next drive, it wasnt working again. It isnt picking up other vehicles etc or speed signs
Sound like the computer has an issue. My ‘21 SR+ stopped seeing cars and Autopilot kept failing. No warning messages. They swapped the computer and it worked fine.

I thought Auto wiper function was driven by a windshield rain sensor has been present in other cars for 25+ years. I contacted the service since the wiper not turning on in Auto mode. Their response is that sensing the rain is based on camera, not rain sensor. Sensing the rain by camera is still in Beta status and we should not expect it to work until it is improved on future firmware versions.

Tesla needs to make a fix for this!

Reactions: M1tch