Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Calibration Restarted After Service Center Visit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had my model 3 for 2 months now and have had autopilot since purchase. The car was in the service center for a week for a bunch of day 1 repairs. Major repair was windshield and taillight replacement.

When I got in the car today it went through the same autopilot calibration it did when I first purchased the car. Has anyone else experienced this? Wonder why it would happen since autopilot was working fine since my first drive 2 months ago.

I also just noticed that I can’t turn on the new navigate on autopilot feature since it says cameras are still calibrating at 99%.

I’ve had my model 3 for 2 months now and have had autopilot since purchase. The car was in the service center for a week for a bunch of day 1 repairs. Major repair was windshield and taillight replacement.

When I got in the car today it went through the same autopilot calibration it did when I first purchased the car. Has anyone else experienced this? Wonder why it would happen since autopilot was working fine since my first drive 2 months ago.

I also just noticed that I can’t turn on the new navigate on autopilot feature since it says cameras are still calibrating at 99%.

I would guess the windshield replacement did it. They would have to disconnect and reinstall your AP cameras behind the rear view mirror. Hence a new calibration needed.

Interesting. This would make sense. Unless it’s so obvious I am surprised I haven’t read this on these forums yet since I’ve read that quite a few people have had their windshield replacement due to a crack. Thank you!