Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot completely dead after service center visit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had my car in for a small issue (fixing a rattle) and halfway on my drive home I realised there was zero activity on the autopilot GUI. No other cars being recognised, no road lines and obviously no option to engage either cruise control or Autopilot. Moving the autopilot stick did nothing, no warning about 'cannot engage autopilot', just silence. I also noticed my Dashcam is no longer recording any video. My theory is they blew a fuse, or forgot to put one back in when they took it out for whatever reason. Still seems strange the the car is not giving any warnings about ALL cameras being dead. I'm gonna call up service tomorrow but just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I'm on the latest 2019 firmware, Model S EAP 2.5. 2018.

Thanks!

You could try turning it off from the menu (Service,
I believe) and wait five minutes. Tesla has had me do that on occasion. The brake pedal will then restart things.

I doubt it will do anything when AP is this dead. It does sound like there’s no power to the AP computer or the like.

I’d call national support and have them remotely access the car. They should be able to tell you what’s up and perhaps mobile support can drop by with a fuse if that’s all it is.