Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Plaid dead after pyro fuse replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,
I recently purchased a 2022 Plaid that had the airbags deployed. When I got is the li-ion 16v battery was dead, I disconnected it and put a jumper pack in the terminals under the hood. The door handles and Bluetooth communication started working but the screens were still blank. I tested the pyro fuse and it was open, so decided to replace it. But after the replacement the car has no life with the jumper pack or the 15.4V li-ion battery. 15.4V is on the terminals but there is no clicking or octovalve initialization noises.
I followed the tesla service manual procedure exactly but now my car is bricked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mac

I have an appointment on Tuesday with the shop manager - the car still under warrantee - but I am willing to pay as well.
That's good. I'd just let Tesla take care of it then. Sounds like you know what you're doing but Tesla could always say you ruined something trying to work on the car and then not cover it under warranty anymore.

Mac, did you ever get your car up and running? I have exactly the same issue and have seen others with the same black screens... but haven't seen anyone with a solution/fixed car yet. Unfortunately, mine was self-inflicted by removing the RCM with the LV battery connected.

Mac, did you ever get your car up and running? I have exactly the same issue and have seen others with the same black screens... but haven't seen anyone with a solution/fixed car yet. Unfortunately, mine was self-inflicted by removing the RCM with the LV battery connected.
Car has been at Tesla for a week and they haven't even looked at it yet :-(
but I will keep you posted. I am thinking it is the VC Bat or VC front.
Were your door handles moving before or after you experienced the issue?

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Yes, both before and after. When I plugged in the LV battery, I could hear the coolant pumps turn on momentary (and shut off after a few seconds), the door handles would open (with lights on), the windows worked, as well as hazzard, brake and interior lights. But other than that, everything else appears to be DEAD. I purchased a new VCFront (1585663-00-D) from Tesla, but now I am second guessing if I ordered the correct one... because there is also the 1585693-01-B VCRight module and the 1588205-00-D Battery module.

Attachments

• 1706296627922.png
    1706296627922.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 59
Yes, both before and after. When I plugged in the LV battery, I could hear the coolant pumps turn on momentary (and shut off after a few seconds), the door handles would open (with lights on), the windows worked, as well as hazzard, brake and interior lights. But other than that, everything else appears to be DEAD. I purchased a new VCFront (1585663-00-D) from Tesla, but now I am second guessing if I ordered the correct one... because there is also the 1585693-01-B VCRight module and the 1588205-00-D Battery module.
You probably just need to do a vcfront_load_Shead from toolbox3, Did you get your RCM flashed?

Yes, I sent the RCM off to get cleared and it is re-installed. I went to use Toolbox last night for the first time and realized the interface cable I purchased will not work so I ordered a 100-1000Base-T1 Media Converter H-MTD and cable today... and hopefully it will be here next week.

Reactions: Mac Holy