Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot False Positive Braking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn't the radar "shooting" through the T on the frontend? I thought I read that somewhere. If it is, I'm not sure why the T would need to be wrapped.
The radar is behind a flat section of the bumper. Plastics can change radar intensity and even warp travel direction, and if the plastic is imbued with any metallic ions it could even cause close range reflections and overdrive the transceiver.

I don’t know if I believe this to be the cause but it’s not too far fetched.

2016 MS 70D upgraded showroom to 75D AP-1 April 2016- Sept 30, 2016 took possession.
Multiple front right hand or left hand turners Warnings and brake response and one time on the highway at 70MPH over a rise in the road ahead and overpass crossing over the highway. All of this is normal. All the events, in all of these stories are totally explainable because driving and owning cars is unique to each driver and car for all these reasons and more.
BUGS, Rain, Fog, Haze, Sun, Rise in road, DIP in road, Following to close, Cleanliness of Windshield, Settings, Driving style, Film,Dash Cam too close to other cam(s), This is Beta and your driving the car still 100%, right, don't be fooled you are not. In fact you are doing more driving now then when you did not have AP. This is currently all variations AP a "thinking persons car". IF your thinking otherwise your fooling yourself. The car is not in Beta you are.

Same thing happened to me on Model 3. I had EAP enabled. It braked hardly for no reason (around 5 second in the video below). Then I immediately pressed the accelerator pedal to speed up. There is no speedometer but you can tell from the SUV on the side (also from lane markings). Luckily the car following me had enough distance.

I only enable AP from time to time, recently tried out AP1 and got the weird breaking twice. One of those times I looked at the instrument cluster and my car was showing a non-existing car merging in front of me coming out of the concrete barrier on my left. In the video from @ccyjoshua it's possible it was the metal sign on the right that confused the radar.