Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot functionality for HW2 towards the end of next week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you mis-understand. While they have your money that can't recognize it in their accounting because they haven't delivered the functionality. So to make Q4 numbers better they have to deliver the features. (That would mean including any additional ~$100,000,000 in income in their numbers.)
Hmmm did not know that, I hope its true. But the fact remains they have my money and I have nothing to show for it but a vague "promise" of maybe some future benefit. This is clearly NOT what they told me when I test drove the car and was demo'ed.

I have been wondering this also. I have seen many people on multiple sites talking about not being able to recognize the income on features that haven't been enabled, but who would be the person that verifies that they have enabled enough to claim that money?

I assume they can spend the money already so what is the big deal if it isn't seen as income right away? The metric which seems to be important for them and Wall Street now are vehicles delivered.

This went around when AP1 first came out too. They had to carry the AP1 income on the books like a "deposit" until they released the feature. I don't know if they can spend the money or not, but they can't declare it as income, and $100 million could easily make the difference between showing a profit vs. a loss for Q4. Which is something that Wall Street does care about.

Unless you ordered sept 30th and we're told AP was available. Then told AP2 hardware was installed on oct 15 but WERE NOT TOLD IT WAS COMPLETLY DISABLED. Well I was actually told. At delivery

So they never sent you an email asking you to upgrade to EAP? From what I read everyone that ordered AP1 before the AP2 announcement got contacted and asked if they wanted to upgrade to EAP or FSD.