Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Lane change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks... Have not been able to get the car to lane change.
I am on autopilot, give the turn signal, no car ahead or behind on the other Lane..... The car does not change lanes.
I have not get this to work since I got the car.
Autopilot works, auto Park works(perpendicular). Have not tried the parallel Park yet.

What am I doing wrong?

I press it like I do when I change lanes. So nudge it up or down and leave it...... Am I doing it wrong?
It works either way. You can use the momentary contact position, holding it up/down until the change is completed, or you can use the full up/down which will stay until you push it back the opposite direction. I prefer to use the momentary contact position, but you have to hold it until the lane change is completed, if you release early, the MS will swerve back into the original lane.

I do wish that the lane change assist had an option to set how long to blink the intent before changing lanes.
The way it currently works, it starts blinking and immediately proceeds to change the lane.
I like to declare my intent by turning on the lane-change indicator, wait a few seconds (2-4 is ideal, depending on speed and traffic density) before actuating the lane change.
Currently, there is no way to configure this behavior.

Reactions: Boatguy