Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPilot on CT Highways

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright, dumb question but figured I'd ask some locals if there are any here. In CT we have some pretty curvy highways (Rt 8 through the Valley is a good example.) My question is, how well does the Y and really most Tesla's handle curvey highways? Alot of what I see on YouTube for standard AP is pretty straight, west coast drivers.

Just curious to hear from some locals before I take delivery next month ( or March)

Thanks in advance from a guy limping along a 04 Lexus GX470.

Thanks, that stretch from the NY line into Fairfield is a really good example of curvy highways in CT. If it can handle that then I have no reservations or concerns about Rt. 8.

Curious, what wheels did you end up buying for those snow tires? I was considering getting a set to add to this car, but I do have two other 4X4 vehicles that can easily handle snowy conditions if need be.

I live in Seymour. I have traveled along route 8 on autopilot a few times. It does a really good job going around the curves. I had one instance of phantom breaking in the naugatuck area at night. Today I drove from Seymour to Shelton without any issues. It was a short distance. everything was smooth. It took me some time to trust autopilot and tacc. I still don't feel 100% safe relying on the computer to do it's job. I have only had my MY since the day after Thanksgiving. The more time using autopilot will make me feel more comfortable. I don't have FSD.

@SkeetShooter I have the same year / model Lexus (04 GX470). I'm up to 220K miles and she's a beast - how is yours holding up?
Ehhh she is Ok... I'm up to 180K. Beast yes. I bought it about 6 or so years ago and I have always had this odd drivetrain vibration/pulsation/noise. Not the clunk that everyone seems to experience. Its annoying in that regard though. Other than that I put a Toytec 3" Lift on it, larger tires, MetalTech Goblin bumper on it and its solid. But I've also been under it quite a bit. Broke the Center Differential Drain Plug and had to JB weld it. Right now because of our wonderful East-Coast winters, bolts are just starting to fail because of them being rusted. So its always a pain in the ass to work on it.