Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought a SR model and added AP. I never (knowingly at least) started an FSD trial, but I seem to have the ability to change lanes automatically by using the turn signal while using autopilot, which sounds like it is a FSD only feature.

Is there a way I can see if I am in the trial?

I just bought a SR model and added AP. I never (knowingly at least) started an FSD trial, but I seem to have the ability to change lanes automatically by using the turn signal while using autopilot, which sounds like it is a FSD only feature.

Changing lanes using turn signal is available with AP. I'm, like, 90% sure this is right.

NoAP recent versions change lanes without turn signal confirmation.

Check menu for NoAP to determine if you're in the trial.

Changing lanes using turn signal is available with AP. I'm, like, 90% sure this is right.

auto lane change is EAP

check to see if you have nav on autopilot settings as mentioned above

You don’t state when you bought your car or if it was an inventory car or a newly built car. Tesla recently changed what is included with Auto Pilot and what is included with the Full Self Driving Capabilty (FSDC) option.

AP is now standard in every Tesla as of a week or two ago, and includes only TACC and Auto Steer.

You need to talk to Tesla to see what is on your car.

FSDC includes Auto Lane Change, Navigate on Auto Pilot, Summon, Auto Park, and will continue to improve over time so that it can be used on streets with cross traffic.
Not anymore.
auto lane change is EAP
There is no longer an option called EAP. See above, and check Tesla’s website order pages for S/X/3.

5E09501A-E6A7-429B-90B6-CF252FFEA4C3.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Dre78

Tesla has been busy realigning the features and options over the last couple months.

The version of AP that is now standard doesn't include auto lane change, which is now a part of FSD as you noted, but all of the prior versions of AP and eAP did include it, except possibly the short period between the end of eAP and AP becoming standard.

I'm not quite sure if you're supposed to have the feature or not, but I think it's much more likely that you have it as part of an autopilot version than that you have an FSD trial ongoing that you don't know about.

Do you have Navigate on Autopilot as well?

You don’t state when you bought your car or if it was an inventory car or a newly built car. Tesla recently changed what is included with Auto Pilot and what is included with the Full Self Driving Capabilty (FSDC) option.

AP is now standard in every Tesla as of a week or two ago, and includes only TACC and Auto Steer.

You need to talk to Tesla to see what is on your car.

FSDC includes Auto Lane Change, Navigate on Auto Pilot, Summon, Auto Park, and will continue to improve over time so that it can be used on streets with cross traffic.
Not anymore.
There is no longer an option called EAP. See above, and check Tesla’s website order pages for S/X/3.

View attachment 400894

My Autopilot or Navigation tabs don't say anything about a trial. The car is an SR model that the location (Cherry Hill NJ) had in stock, so I was able to do a same day purchase of it. $35k, plus $3k for autopilot.

Yesterday when driving on highway it popped up and asked if I wanted to do the autopilot during navigation, which I believe is the onramp to offramp autopilot which was cool.

So perhaps I lucked out in getting a car that was built early enough? It only had 3 or 4 miles on it at delivery.

Yes, says "Navigate on Autopilot (Beta)

Then your car likely has Enhanced Autopilot instead of just plain Autopilot. Enjoy the unexpected features.

However, if your Monroney sheet or your purchase agreement only says Autopilot and not Enhanced Autopilot on the features, don’t come back and complain when a future software update or database update on the backend removes a feature that you didn’t technically pay for.